This Creamy Tuscan Chicken turns plain boring chicken breasts into an delicious flavorful dish in under 30 minutes.
Pecorino Romano is a well known and distinctive Tuscan cheese made from 100% sheep’s milk. It is sometimes used interchangeably in recipes with the more mild Parmesan. This recipe is fabulous due to the half Pecorino and half Parmesan, but if Pecorino is too strong for you or you don't have any on hand, use all Parmesan.
[click_to_tweet tweet="This Creamy Tuscan Chicken recipe turns boring chicken breast into an amazingly flavorful dish in under 30 minutes. #weeknightdinner #chickenrecipes #italianrecipes" quote="This Creamy Tuscan Chicken recipe turns boring chicken breast into an amazingly flavorful dish in under 30 minutes." theme="style2"]
Want more weeknight fast dinners? Subscribe for free and get access to all of our subscriber only content, including Weeknight Fast Meals, Cooking with Kids, and Meal Prep Tips and Tricks.
Creamy Tuscan Chicken
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4-5 cloves garlic (smashed)
- ¾ cup half and half
- 1 cup chicken broth (preferably organic)
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- ⅓ cup Pecorino Romano cheese (freshly grated)
- ⅓ cup Parmesan cheese (freshly grated)
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes (chopped)
- 1½ cup baby spinach
- Sea salt and black pepper (to taste)
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces and set aside.
- Heat olive oil and garlic in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté garlic for several minutes until golden brown. Remove garlic with a slotted spatula and discard.
- Add chicken to hot skillet and cook until golden brown on each side, approximately 3-4 minutes per side. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Add half & half and chicken broth and scrape up any brown bits from the bottom of the pan with a spatula.
- Add oregano and grated cheese to skillet and whisk until cheese is completely melted, approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Reduce heat to just below medium and add the sun-dried tomatoes and baby spinach. Simmer until tomatoes are softened and the spinach wilts, stirring occassionally.
- Add chicken and its juices back to skillet and simmer until chicken is heated through, 2-3 minutes. Taste and adjust seasonings, as desired.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS' LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site--either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you would like to receive an email reminding you to link up to this party, please click HERE and add your email address to the list! I will only send you an email about linking up to this party.