This Chicken with Tomatoes and Mushrooms is simple and quick enough for weeknights, but I often serve it as my "company chicken" dish when guests come for dinner.
This is based of a recipe called Chicken Fricassee in a cooking magazine my mom bought years ago. Most fricassee recipes I have seen since have cream in them. And cacciatore recipes have bell peppers and other vegetables in them. So, I have no idea what to call it officially.
It is a quick and hearty meal that is delicious on pasta or polenta, my personal choice.
Want more weeknight fast meals? Get our free ebook Dinner in 30 Minutes with 10 easy and fast recipes, plus access to other members only content and our biweekly newsletter with more delicious recipes.
Chicken with Tomatoes and Mushrooms
- 4-6 chicken breasts or thighs (pounded or cut to an even thickness)
- ⅓ cup flour (all purpose or your gluten-free equivalent of choice)
- ¼ cup oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic (minced)
- 28 ounce can stewed tomatoes
- ½ lb mushrooms (sliced)
- Heat oil in a large skillet (preferably cast iron)on medium heat.
- Dredge chicken in flour. Brown the chicken in the skillet, adding the garlic to the pan about halfway (to prevent it from scorching).
- Add tomatoes and mushrooms, stirring to loosen the flour on the bottom of the skillet. Reduce heat and simmer for 20- 25 minutes until the chicken is cooked completely and the sauce has begun to thicken.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS' LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
**Tammy from Creative K Kids (Blog)**
**Audrey from That Recipe (Blog)**
**Lisa from Blogghetti (Blog)**
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site--either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you would like to receive an email reminding you to link up to this party, please click HERE and add your email address to the list! I will only send you an email about linking up to this party.
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
This week I am sharing a Trinity Pie, A Gluten Free Carrot Cake and a Spring Snack Mix. Thanks for hosting. Have a lovely evening!
Yum! Your chicken looks and sounds delicious and easy. I will definitely be making it! I have never eaten polenta but always wanted to try it. Looks like now is the time!! Thanks for sharing!