Be sure to pin, yum, flip, stumble, etc. this post for the next time you need an easy appetizer in a hurry with basic ingredients. These Curry Cheese Toasts have been in my arsenal for a long time and I relied on them a few weeks ago when I forgot all about a party we were supposed to attend.
Our neighborhood decided to have a block party on Halloween night, and since it was in front of my house I could hardly say no. Well, I could have, but I didn’t want to. The problem was I waited until the night before to sign up to bring something and I’d already gone to the store.
Of course it was for Halloween, so I needed to dress them up a little. I cut the bread with my pumpkin cookie cutter and decorated. BAM! Cute, festive and done in minutes.
Curry Cheese Appetizers: quick zesty hors d'oeuvres made with cheddar cheese, mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce and curry powder.
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese grated
- 1 cup green onion tops chopped
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder more or less to taste
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 8 French sandwich rolls
- Mix cheese, green onion, spices and mayonnaise. Refrigerate until ready to use, up to one week.
- Slice French rolls crosswise about ¼ inch thick. Spread cheese mixture on top of bread slices. Place on baking sheet and broil in oven until cheese melts, begins to bubble and turn brown. Serve at once while still hot.