Curry Cheese Toasts are a fabulous last minute hot appetizer made with ingredients you probably already have on hand.
Pin, save, or lock this one in your brain for the next time you need a last minute appetizer. Or you can plan ahead to serve them because they are sure to please.
You can prep them ahead of time and just pop them under the broiler a few minutes before serving.
Use your favorite bread
My grocery store usually has bags of sliced baguettes on the discount rack that I snag up and pop in the freezer for appetizer emergencies.
But you can use whatever bread you like. Melba toasts are great. Sandwich bread can be cut into triangles, or get fancy and use cookie cutters to cut out hearts, eggs, pumpkins, turkeys, trees, etc. for a festive touch.
I think the spread is particularly tasty on dark rye bread.
Favorite Finger Foods from #OurFamilyTable
We have some fabulous finger foods to kick up for your next party:
- Cordon Bleu Appetizers by Family Around the Table
- Curry Cheese Toasts by That Recipe
- French Onion Tartlets by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Homemade Fish Crackers with Cheddar and Whole Wheat by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Mini Crab Cake Appetizer by Art of Natural Living
- Samosa Egg Rolls by Palatable Pastime
- Steak Roll-Ups by Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Stuffed Mini Peppers by Magical Ingredients
- Stuffed Mushrooms by Making Miracles
- Waffled Yorkshire Pudding Pizza Bites by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
We share Recipes From Our Dinner Table! Join our group and share your recipes, too! While you're at it, follow our Pinterest board, too!
Curry Cheese Toasts
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese (grated)
- 1 cup green onion tops (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon curry powder (more or less to taste)
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 8 French sandwich rolls, baguettes, sandwich bread
- Mix cheese, green onion, spices and mayonnaise. Refrigerate until ready to use, up to one week.
- Slice French rolls or baguette, crosswise about ¼ inch thick. For sandwich bread, cut in triangles or use cookie cutters either before or after broiling.
- Spread cheese mixture on top of bread slices.
- Place on baking sheet and broil in oven until cheese melts, begins to bubble and turn brown. Serve at once while still hot.
Sound fabulous? Share it!
More Appetizer Recipes
Until next time, happy eating!
I used to always get it done before... it doesn't look likely this year seeing as I haven't started!
I usually get about half of my shopping done before Thanksgiving and half after.
Love your Indian Pudding recipe!
The curry cheese toasts look fabulous and delicious. It has a nice attractive color.
Anything with cheese and bread is tops on my list! And the curry flaves! Double love!
These curry cheese toasts are delicious! They are super easy to make and a real crowd-pleaser. Thanks for the great recipe!