Some chocolate fudge recipes have a long list of ingredients or a complex cooking procedure that rely on achieving the perfect temperature in order to get it to set properly. That’s why I love this recipe. Not only does it taste delicious, it is so easy to make and cooks in just 5 minutes.
This recipe is from one of my favorite cookbooks: The Chocolate and Coffee Bible (affiliate link: I receive a percentage of any books purchased through this link)
You only need a few basic ingredients, which you probably have in your kitchen: evaporated milk, sugar, salt, chocolate chips and nuts. And my favorite part is that you don’t need a candy thermometer. You just bring it to a boil and simmer for five minutes. I have made the recipe a few times so I can actually feel the change in thickness of the boiling milk and sugar just when it reaches the 5 minute mark.
I split mine into two batches right at the end and added some cashews to half, because some people do not like nuts in their fudge. Go figure!
Easy Homemade Chocolate Fudge - four ingredient chocolate fudge cooks in five minutes.
- 2/3 cups evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- pinch salt
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips or dark or milk chocolate
- 1/2 cup nuts pecans, almonds, hazlenuts, pistachios
- Grease an 8" square pan.
- Place milk, sugar and salt in a heavy pot. Bring to a boil stirring constantly. Lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and add chocolate and nuts (if using). Stir until chocolate is melted.
- Pour into prepared pans and spread evenly. Let cool.
- When fudge is set, cut into squares.
From book The Chocolate and Coffee Bible
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.