Herb Marinated Grilled Chicken is a simple, healthy and flavorful dinner. Pair with Orzo Pasta Salad for a fabulously easy meal.
My oregano and rosemary plants are both out of control right now and I want to use as much as I can before I just have to fill the composter with the prunings. Besides using in marinades like this recipe, other ways I plan to use them:
- dehydrate for use in spice and herb mixes (info in this post)
- made chimichurri (South American green sauce)
- shish kebabs on rosemary skewers (pull of the leaves and use in the marinade then stick the meat on the sticks)
- infused oil or vinegar
- sugar scrubs (like this lavender rosemary scrub)
The key to grilling boneless chicken perfectly is to pound it to an even thickness with a kitchen mallet or rolling pin. Thighs are usually fairly even, but chicken breasts are thicker in the middle. A few quick whacks and you not only release some aggression, the chicken will be done in the middle and still juicy on the ends after grilling.
Herb Marinated Grilled Chicken
- 4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs (about 2 pounds total weight)
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon fresh lime or lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon lime or lemon zest
- 2 tablespoon fresh oregano (rinsed and crushed with fingers to release oils)
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary (rinsed and crushed with fingers to release oils)
- 3 garlic cloves (peeled and crushed)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- With a kitchen mallet, or rolling pin, pound chicken to an even thickness.
- Add the marinade ingredients to a 1-gallon zip to lock freezer bag, seal and shake to mix. Add chicken, reseal and turn to coat chicken thoroughly.
- Place the bag in a bowl and set in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour. Turn the bag a few times to ensure even marinating.
- Remove chicken from the refrigerator and discard marinade. Grill breasts over medium direct heat, turning once, for 10 – 15 minutes total. Remove from heat and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS' LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site--either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you would like to receive an email reminding you to link up to this party, please click HERE and add your email address to the list! I will only send you an email about linking up to this party.