Pimento Cheese Kale Dip recipe is a party in a bowl combining cheddar cheese, kale and sautéed red peppers. Easy to make ahead, then heat before serving.
Once upon I time, I wanted a dip so I looked in the fridge and started combining things and it was so amazing I wanted to share the recipe with everyone. The End.
Well, that is pretty much what happened. It started out as kale dip. And then I noticed the pretty bell peppers in the crisper. And then I just went all in and make a combination of two of my favorites: kale dip and pimento cheese.
If you don't have fresh bell peppers, just chop up some roasted red peppers and add them just before baking instead of sautéing them with the kale and onion.
Pimento Cheese Kale Dip
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup onion (diced)
- 1 medium red bell pepper (diced)
- 2-3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 8 cups kale, ribs removed (coarsely chopped)
- 8 ounce cream cheese softened
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 ½ cup cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- hot sauce to taste
- Heat oven to 425°F. Spray 1 ½-quart casserole with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion, bell pepper and garlic and cook until onion is tender, 3-4 minutes.
- Add kale and cook until wilted, about 8-10 minutes
- While kale is cooking, beat cream cheese, mayonnaise and milk in a mixing bowl until smooth.
- Add cheese, salt, pepper and hot sauce.
- Stir in vegetables then spoon into prepared casserole dish.
- Bake uncovered until golden and bubbly, about 30 minutes. Taste, add more seasonings if needed. Serve hot.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS' LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site--either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you would like to receive an email reminding you to link up to this party, please click HERE and add your email address to the list! I will only send you an email about linking up to this party.