Pao de Queijo are gluten free Brazilian Cheese Puffs, mini cheese rolls that are delicious at any meal.
These mini muffins are so simple to make and adapt to your family’s taste. The only tricky ingredient is the tapioca flour. Yes, the same tapioca used to make pudding.
Tapioca is made from cassava, a plant indigenous to South America that made its way to Asia (particularly South East Asia) and you can find it used in both cuisines. To find the flour in the US, check the Asian or gluten free sections of your grocery store or a specialty Asian market. Or use our affiliate link and order it on Amazon here.
There were plenty of different variations for this recipe, but I went with the dump it in the blender, pour and bake method.
For the cheese, I went with Parmesan. But, I may pick up some Queso Fresco next time to be a little closer to what is probably made in Brazil.
Pao de Queijo – Brazilian Cheese Puffs are a simple gluten free bread made with tapioca flour and cheese that complement any meal.
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 egg room temperature
- 1 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 cup grated cheese Parmesan, Queso Fresco, Farmer’s Cheese, etc.
- pinch salt more or less depending on salt in the cheese.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly oil (or spray with cooking spray) a mini muffin pan (preferably two if you have them).
- Put all ingredients in the blender and pulse to combine, scraping down sides as needed.
- Pour into mini muffin pan almost to the top.
- Bake until browned, about 20 minutes. Serve warm.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.
Until next time, happy eating.