Easy Maple Pecan Winter Squash Casserole topped with brown sugar and pecans makes a lovely side dish for the holidays.
Here’s an easy and adaptable side dish to whip up with any just about any winter squash you prefer: pumpkin, acorn, butternut, delicata, etc.
For the holidays you can prep it ahead of time and reheat it while the turkey or ham is cooling.
Best Holiday Casseroles
The Dinner Table Group has a host of casserole recipes to share with you that are perfect for the holidays or any time.
Maple Pecan Winter Squash Casserole
- 3-4 pounds winter squash pumpkin, butternut squash, acorn squash, etc.
- 3 eggs lightly beaten
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup butter melted
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Peel and chop the squash into 1 inch pieces, place in a stock pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook until fork tender. Drain and mash the squash.
- Preheat oven to 350 Fahrenheit
- Add eggs, maple syrup, butter and butter to the mashed squash and mix until combined. Season to taste with nutmeg, salt and pepper. Spoon into a 3 quart casserole or 13 x 9 inch pan.
- In a small bowl, combine topping ingredients and crumble over the top.
- Bake at 375 until heated throughout, about 40-45 minutes.