This Blood Orange Curd is a creamy pink treat perfect for filling pies, cakes and a variety of other desserts. And it is so easy to make at home.
Many curd recipes call for egg yolks only, but I stole a page from Ina Garten and used whole eggs. Not that separating eggs is hard, but one less step is always a bonus.
You can make this with other citrus fruit, but you may want to increase the sugar a bit. Blood oranges are one of the sweetest oranges so I didn't need as much sugar as you would with lemon.
[clickToTweet tweet="Blood Orange Curd is a creamy citrus packed spread with a pinkish orange hue, perfect for use as a pie, cake or cookie filling. #orangecurd #recipes #bloodorange" quote="Blood Orange Curd is a creamy citrus packed spread with a pinkish orange hue, perfect for use as a pie, cake or cookie filling. " theme="style2"]
Blood Orange Curd
- 2-3 blood oranges
- ¼ cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs
- Using a vegetable peeler, remove the zest from 1 of the oranges, being careful to avoid the white pith. Juice the oranges to get approximately ½ cup juice.
- Put the zest in a food processor fitted with the steel blade. And pulse to mince.
- Add the sugar and pulse again until the zest and sugar are mixed together.
- Add the butter and pulse to combine. Add the eggs, 1 at a time
- Pour the mixture into a medium saucepan and stir in the blood orange juice.
- Cook over low heat until thickened, about 10 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and cool or refrigerate.
If you have ever considered hosting a party -- and you post regularly about food, then we need your help! This is what is required to be a host of Tasty Tuesday parties:
You are committing to posting every Tuesday at 8 am EST a recipe post (either a recipe, a round-up of recipes, or features from the previous party) and pinning 25 recipes that are linked up to this party to our Tasty Tuesday’s board. You would be part of our Facebook group where you would receive the scripts and be assigned the numbers you would pin. Tammy's email is [email protected] Thank you!
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS' LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
**Amanda from The Mommy Mix (Blog)**
**Audrey from That Recipe (Blog)**
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site--either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.
Thank you for hosting. I linked my Sweetheart Collection, Creamy Cheesy Enchiladas and a Gluten Free Ranch Dip for the big game. I hope you enjoy them! Have a happy week! #OverTheMoon #WWBlogHop #ThursdayFavoriteThings
That sounds so interesting. Now I want to go make a cake!
I always want cake.... but that could just be me.