If you are like me there is always a need for a quick and easy homemade gift, especially around the holidays. Enter Chocolate Bark.
Melt chocolate, spread it on waxed paper, sprinkle on some "stuff", chill and break. Pack them in a fun container and you have a gift in less than 20 minutes. That's about how long it took me to make this batch last week, including time to find and clean the container.
I always try to keep some chocolate and vanilla melting wafers or chips on hand for just such an emergency. I used these Ghirardelli Dark and Ghirardelli White wafers (those are affiliate links, I may receive a commission for any purchases through these links at no cost to you) and sprinkled them with some Ghirardelli Peppermint Baking Chunks and some festive sprinkles and colored sugar.
In case you are wondering, Ghirardelli is not sponsoring this post, but I am a California girl and I love their products so I usually have them on hand year round. 🙂
[clickToTweet tweet="Chocolate Bark is a quick and easy treat that makes a great last minute gift. #chocolate #recipes" quote="Chocolate Bark is a quick and easy treat that makes a great last minute gift. #chocolate #recipes" theme="style1"]
Easy Chocolate Bark
- 12 ounce chocolate ((dark, milk, white or a combination))
- candy, nuts, sprinkles, mini chocolate chips, etc.
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee ((optional))
- Melt chocolate in microwave or in a double boiler on the stove. Mix in instant coffee granules, if using.
- Spread in a thin layer on a sheet of waxed paper.
- Sprinkle toppings on top as desired.
- Refrigerate until hard. Break into pieces.
- finely chopped nuts
- small candies
- crushed larger candies (like candy canes)
- mini chocolate chips
- colored sugar
The Tasty Tuesdays crew will be taking a short break next week to celebrate the end of the year, but we will be back bright and early on January 2nd ready to kick of the New Year!
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS' LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
**Merry from Merry About Town (Blog)**
**Amanda from The Mommy Mix (Blog)**
**Audrey from That Recipe (Blog)**
**Ashley from Forgetful Momma (Blog)**
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site--either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.
Ohhhh food gifts are the best!!! If someone gives me salmon for XMAS - I knowwwwwww they love me, LOL!
DIY Home Sweet Home
Looks delicious!! Thanks for sharing.