If you want a moist tropical flavored cupcake these Pineapple Cupcakes with Coconut Cream Icing are just your ticket.
These cupcakes are so simple to whip up and are loaded with pineapple and flavor that you may never consider using a boxed cake mix again. A little more measuring and mixing twice instead of just once for a mix. Do you think you can handle that?
Twice now I have tried to create whipped coconut cream frosting only to have it melt on me. From what I have read you can whip it like whipping cream and add a bit of sugar. Maybe I didn't whip long enough, maybe my kitchen was too hot. I don't know. If you want to try it, I would recommend beating for a few minutes after you reach stiff peak stage to make sure the coconut oil doesn't heat up and melt.
Instead, I just topped them with a bit of even easier coconut icing. Full coconut flavor without the mounds of frosting that is synonymous with cupcakes in the US. My family prefers it this way.
And here are some more recipes full of tropical flavors
- Coconut Cake by Family Around the Table
- Grilled Pork Chops with Pineapple Salsa by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Hawaiian Chicken by Making Miracles
- Mango Chile Margarita by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Mango Margarita by Art of Natural Living
- Pina Colada Tacos by Blogghetti
- Pineapple Cupcakes with Coconut Cream Icing by That Recipe
- Pineapple Lemonade by Palatable Pastime
- Sourdough Hummingbird Muffins by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
We share Recipes From Our Dinner Table! Join our group and share your recipes, too! While you're at it, join our Pinterest board, too!
Pineapple Cupcakes with Coconut Cream Frosting
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cups plain yogurt (or buttermilk)
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ½ cup sugar
- 1 can crushed pineapple - 8 ounces (drained)
- 1 can coconut milk - 14 ounce (refrigerated overnight)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line cupcake pan with wrappers.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- In separate bowl, whisk together yogurt, oil, eggs and vanilla.
- Stir in sugar and pineapple.
- Add flour mixture and beat until combined. Fill cupcake wrappers ⅔rds full.
- Bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 20-25 minutes.
- While cupcakes are baking, open the can of coconut milk. Scoop out 2 tablespoons of the hardened white coconut cream from the top of the can. Reserve the rest for thinning the icing or another recipe.
- In a medium bowl, whip coconut cream and powdered sugar until reaching the desired consistency
- When cupcakes are cool, frost and decorate.
Easy Peasy Life Matters
Oh I've never tried a Pineapple Cupcake before! It sounds so yummy 🙂 And Coconut Cream Frosting on top?! YUM! Thanks so much for sharing and for hosting!
Thanks for supporting the party every week. My husband is a big pineapple fan, and my son like the flavor of coconut but not the texture so the frosting is perfect for him.
Thank you for sharing this delicious recipe at the #RecipeSharingParty! I hope to see you next week. Pinned and Yummed. Please visit #OverTheMoon on Sunday or #ThursdayFavoriteThings for more sharing fun! Don't forget to Comment your link #'s so I can be sure to visit and you get a chance to be featured!
Thanks for stopping by.
Yum! I never thought to make coconut cream frosting before! I have a can of coconut milk in my pantry, I think. Now I'm craving cupcakes with coconut cream frosting! I tweeted this one, too!
I was amazed that it worked and tasted fantastic!
Yum! The flavors of your cupcake sound amazing! Thanks for sharing! #SmallVictories
They were a great blend of flavors.
I have a can of coconut milk and can't remember why I bought it. It's destiny!
Yum! I like how you made the frosting plus those pineapple cupcakes sound delicious!
I love love love these cupcakes....that frosting is calling my name!
All my favorite flavors in one cupcake! My family is going to love these treats.
Inger @ Art of Natural Liivng
I love both coconut and pineapple so this is really a winner. Kind of a pina colada cupcake :)!