Jump to Recipe Print Recipe
Pomegranate Cranberry Jam is a great way to preserve the taste of fall for months to come or to make a sweet homemade gift for family and friends.
This Pomegranate Cranberry Jam is a great way to preserve the taste of fall for months to come or to make a sweet homemade gift for family and friends.
This jam is so easy, basically cranberry sauce made with pomegranate juice and then pureed.
I tossed in half of a jalapeno for a little zip, but it is optional. You could add some herbs like rosemary or basil instead, or just go with the cranberry and pomegranate.
Here are some printable labels you are welcome to use for gift giving.
Spicy Pomegranate Cranberry Jam
- 12 ounce cranberries
- ¾ cups pomegranate juice (canned or freshly squeezed)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon (juice)
- ½ jalapeno pepper, seeded (optional)
- In a large saucepan, bring pomegranate juice and cranberries to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add sugar, lemon juice and pepper (if using) and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove pepper. Puree with an immersion blender, traditional blender or food processor.
Makes approximately 2 ½ cups of jam. If desired, jam may be canned in sterilized 4 ounce jars processing for 10 minutes in a water bath canner.
Is it 1 cup sugar?
It was supposed to be! Thanks for catching that. I fixed in the recipe.
Thank you. I guess it doesn’t need pectin?
Nope, the cranberries will take care of the gelling.