This post is sponsored in conjunction with #SpringSweetsWeek. I received product samples from sponsor companies to help in the creation of the #SpringSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
Tangerine Ginger Tartlets are lovely individual serving size desserts perfect for all of your Springtime events.
Spring is a great time for individual desserts: a little something sweet but portion controlled to help you exercise your will power knowing swimsuit weather is just around the corner.
I made these tartlets in my jumbo muffin tins without liners so you could see the beautiful layers in the photos. Removing them from the pan wasn't the easiest, so you may want to opt for some pretty cupcake liners for easy removal.
For the tangerine curd I used my adaptation of Ina Garten's citrus curd method using whole eggs. It works like a dream and saves the step of separating eggs. If tangerine isn't your thing use your favorite citrus fruit and adjust the sugar if needed.
The crust is a basic graham cracker crust with special ginger flavored graham oat cookies. If you don't have the cookies you can add a dash of ginger to plain boring graham cracker crumbs.
Thanks Dixie Crystals and Nairn's
These Tangerine Ginger Tartlets were made extra delicious thanks to two of our awesome sponsors:
Dixie Crystals has been the only sugar in my house, for years! I am a firm believer that pure cane sugar makes a difference in the quality of my baking and canning.
My friends have raved about Nairn's Oat Grahams for years, and I am so glad I finally tried them. They are lightly sweet crunchy bars of oat graham deliciousness. I used the ginger ones with crystallized ginger baked inside to make the crust. Sooo goooood!
Be sure to keep scrolling past the recipe to get some Spring Sweets Week deliciousness including more recipes and a giveaway.
- 5-6 tangerines
- ½ cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 4 eggs
Ginger Oat Crust
- ⅔ cup Nairn's Ginger Oat Grahams crumbs (see note)
- ¼ cup butter (melted)
- 2 tablespoons sugar (OPTIONAL)
Ginger Oat Crust
- Preheat oven to 350°. OPTIONAL: line a jumbo or regular muffin tin with paper or silicone liners.
- Crush the cookies with a rolling pin, or put them in the food processor to get ⅔ cups. Add to a small bowl with melted butter and sugar if using.
- Reserve a few tablespoon crumb mixture for topping. Divide the remaining crumb mixture between the wells of a jumbo muffin tin or 8 wells of a regular muffin tin.
- Bake at 350° for about 10 minutes. Place on a cooling rack to cool.
- Zest 1 of the tangerines using a citrus zester or box grater. Cut the tangerines in half, remove seeds and juice to get approximately 1 cup juice.
- Put the zest and sugar in a food processor fitted with the steel blade. Pulse a few times until the zest and sugar are mixed together.
- Add the butter and pulse to combine. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, pulsing until blended.
- Pour the mixture into a medium saucepan and stir in the tangerine juice.
- Cook over low heat until thickened, about 10 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and cool.
Tangerine Ginger Tartlets
- Divide the curd evenly between the crusts. Sprinkle with the reserved crumbs.
- Refrigerate until the curd is firm, 2-3 hours.
- To serve: gently slide a knife around each tartlet then gently push the knife into the center to pop the tartlet out of the pan. If using liners just remove from pan.
- Slide on to individual plate and serve.
Spring Sweets Week Recipes & Giveaway
Welcome to #SpringSweetsWeek 2022 hosted by Heather from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks.
Flowers are starting to bloom, the weather is getting warmer, and we're celebrating with spring sweets and a fun giveaway!
This year 22 food bloggers from around the country are sharing over 75 sweet recipes that are perfect for spring. So say bye bye to the snow and cold weather and get ready to enjoy amazing spring treats like cupcakes, cookies, pies, dessert boards, and even a few beverages!
Wednesday #SpringSweetsWeek Recipes
- Blood Orange Ricotta Cookies from The Spiffy Cookie
- Blood Orange Cheesecake Pastries from Daily Dish Recipes
- Cadbury Egg Cookies from Devour Dinner
- Carrot Cake Cupcakes from Jen Around the World
- Coconut Lime Shortbread from Shockingly Delicious
- Easter Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bites from Kathryn's Kitchen Blog
- Easy Strawberry Fool from Red Cottage Chronicles
- Grape Sorbet from Family Around the Table
- Grapefruit Yogurt Loaf Cake from Sweet Beginnings
- Key Lime Tassie from Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Kumquat Oatmeal Cookies from Eat Move Make
- Lemon Funfetti Baked Donuts from Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Mango Cream with Berries from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Mango FIlled Martabak Manis from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Meringue Nests with Fruit Curd from Art of Natural Living
- Oatmeal Carrot Halwa Ice Cream Sandwich from Magical Ingredients
- Soft Batch Sprinkle Cookies from Blogghetti
- Strawberries and Cream Muffins from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Strawberry Key Lime Milkshakes from Daily Dish Recipes
- Strawberry Pretzel Parfait from Cookaholic Wife
- Tangerine Ginger Tartlets from That Recipe
- Triple Berry Slab Pie from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
We share recipes from #SpringSweetsWeek on Pinterest! Make sure you follow the board to see all the delicious recipes shared this week.
Our #SpringSweetsWeek sponsors are helping us give away some great prizes. Thank you to Dixie Crystals, Melissa's Produce, Anolon, Sweets & Treats, Taylor and Colledge, and Nairn's for your generosity.
We have an incredible giveaway with six amazing prizes and would love if you would take a moment to read about it and the prizes that you can win!a Rafflecopter giveaway
Thank you #SpringSweetsWeek Sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Anolon, Sweets & Treats, Melissa’s Produce, Taylor and Colledge, and Nairn’s for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #SpringSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are my own.
The #SpringSweetsWeek giveaway is open to residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Six (6) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors.
The #SpringSweetsWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #SpringSweetsWeek posts or entry.