Picture this: a unique combination of the savory and smoky flavors of bacon and the traditional Bloody Mary ingredients stuffed inside a crunchy celery stalk.
Bacon Bloody Mary Stuffed Celery is sure to be the star of your next party.
There is a lot of fabulous flavors blending together in this filling:
- tangy cream cheese
- sweet tomato paste
- salty bacon
- savory Worcestershire sauce
- spicy Cajun seasonings, horseradish and hot sauce
Pair it with cool and crunchy celery for a colorful and tasty appetizer.
Tip for Preparing Bloody Mary Stuffed Celery
Taste the filling with a piece of celery.
I will be honest, I didn't like the taste of the filling by itself. I thought it was oddly sweet. Not because of any added sweetener, it's just from the tomato paste.
HOWEVER, when filled into the celery sticks and sprinkled with a little bacon crumbles it all came together and was delicious.
Bloody Mary Recipes from Our Dinner Table
We've got a few cocktails and a few appetizer inspired by the famous drink. Salut!
- Bloody Maria Cocktail by Family Around the Table
- Bloody Mary Stuffed Celery by That Recipe
- Bloody Mary Wings by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Wasabi Mary by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasonings (or other seasoned salt)
- hot sauce to taste
- 1-2 heads celery (cut into 4 inch lengths)
- ¼ cup crumbled bacon
- Combine all ingredients except celery and bacon in the food processor and puree until smooth. Taste with a piece of celery and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Fill celery sticks with filling and arrange on serving plate. Sprinkle with crumbled bacon. Chill at least 1 hour before serving.
- Alternatively you can put the filling in a bowl, top with bacon and serve celery on sticks on the side for dipping.
Sound fabulous? Share it!