Bacon Bloody Mary Stuffed Celery takes the flavors of a Virgin Mary and twists them around for a simple but flavorful appetizer.
When Christie challenged us to try a new twist on a traditional Bloody Mary recipe I came up with this recipe. I also had a party to go to and 3 heads of celery from Harvest2U (my local CSA).
I will be honest, I didn’t like the taste of the filling by itself. I thought it was oddly sweet. Not because of any added sweetener, it’s just from the tomato paste. HOWEVER, when filled into the celery sticks and sprinkled with a little bacon crumbles it all came together and was delicious.
Bloody Mary Recipes from Our Dinner Table
We’ve got a few cocktails and a few appetizer inspired by the famous drink. Salut!
- Bloody Maria Cocktail by Family Around the Table
- Bloody Mary Stuffed Celery by That Recipe
- Bloody Mary Wings by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Wasabi Mary by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
Bacon Bloody Mary Stuffed Celery
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasonings or other seasoned salt
- hot sauce to taste
- 1-2 heads celery cut into 4 inch lengths
- 1/4 cup crumbled bacon
- Combine all ingredients except celery and bacon in the food processor and puree until smooth. Taste with a piece of celery and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Fill celery sticks with filling and arrange on serving plate. Sprinkle with crumbled bacon. Chill at least 1 hour before serving.
- Alternatively you can put the filling in a bowl, top with bacon and serve celery on sticks on the side for dipping.