These easy Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts are a delicious hot appetizer served with a Spicy Mustard Dip.
If you need a simple hot appetizer for your next party, try these bacon wrapped water chestnuts. You can prepare them ahead of time up to the final bake. Then heat and serve once your party starts.
The mustard dip is easy to make and would be amazing with so many things, especially these water chestnuts.
Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts with Spicy Mustard Dip
- 8 strips bacon
- 1/3 cups soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 cans 8 ounce size water chestnuts (rinsed and drained)
- ¾ cups Greek yogurt
- 2½ tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley (roughly chopped)
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Cut bacon strips in half lengthwise, then cut each thin strip into 3 equal sections for a total of 48 pieces. Set aside.
- Mix soy sauce and honey in a medium mixing bowl. Add water chestnuts and turn to coat. Marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes stirring every 10 minutes to ensure even flavor.
- Preheat oven to 400°F and place a metal rack inside a large, rimmed baking sheet. Spray rack with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Drain water chestnuts, but reserve the marinade. Wrap each water chestnut with a piece of bacon, then repeat with a second strip on the opposite side. Secure both pieces of bacon with a toothpick and place on baking rack. Repeat with remaining water chestnuts.
- Baste each appetizer with reserved marinade. Bake for 20 minutes, brush with more marinade and bake for 10-15 minutes more.
- In a small bowl combine Greek yogurt, Dijon mustard, hot sauce, cayenne pepper, and parsley in a small bowl. Season salt and black pepper, to taste. Cover and place in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you would like to receive an email reminding you to link up to this party, please click HERE and add your email address to the list! I will only send you an email about linking up to this party.