The classic combination of chocolate and peanut butter in cheesecake form, made easier with the pressure cooker.
The first time I made cheesecake I struggled to judge when it was ready, I overcooked it and it ended up with a huge crack down the center. And I didn’t try again for years.
Then someone suggested making it in the pressure cooker. So much easier!
You can use a stove top or an electric (e.g. Instant Pot) pressure cooker.
The only special equipment you will need besides the pressure cooker is:
- a springform pan that fits in your pressure cooker (I use the 8″ from this set)
- a trivet to keep the springform pan out of the water (came with my pressure cookers)
- a sling of aluminum foil to wrap under and around the pan to remove it (fold over a 16 inch long piece of foil a few times)
More Cheesecake Recipes for #NationalCheesecakeDayHappy #NationalCheesecakeDay 2021 hosted by Lynn from Fresh April Flours! Let’s celebrate this delicious day with our favorite cheesecake recipes– from fruity to chocolatey and mini to InstantPot, we’ve got you covered for your next cheesecake need!
More #NationalCheesecakeDay Recipes
- Peach Cheesecake from Fresh April Flours
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake from House of Nash Eats
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake from That Recipe
- Easy No Bake Cheesecake from Salt & Baker
- Mini Chocolate Cheesecakes from Making Miracles
- White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake from Devour Dinner
- Mini Chocolate Chip Cheesecakes from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Instant Pot Vanilla Cheesecake from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Easy No Bake Cherry Cheesecake in a Jar from Blogghetti
- Strawberry Cheesecake from Life Love and Good Food
- Mini Oreo Cheesecakes from Kathryn’s Kitchen Blog
- Instant Pot Vanilla Bean Cheesecake with Blueberry Compote from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- No Bake Fresh Mint Cheesecake from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Mini S’mores Cheesecakes from The Freshman Cook
- Orange Creamsicle Cheesecake Bars from The Spiffy Cookie
- Mocha Cheesecake from The Redhead Baker
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake
- 2 cups chocolate cookie crumbs
- ¼ cup butter (melted)
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 16 ounces cream cheese (two 8 ounce packages) (room temperature)
- ¾ cup brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs (room temperature)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 7 ounces sweetened condensed milk (½ can)
- ¾ cup dark chocolate chips
- chocolate peanut butter cups or bars (chopped)
- Combine cookie crumbs and melted butter in a medium bowl. Press into the bottom of an 8 inch springform pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the filling ingredients until smooth. Pour on top of the prepared crust in the pan.
- Place trivet in the bottom of a pressure cooker, add 1 cup of water.
- Fold a 16 inch piece of aluminum foil in thirds lengthwise to make a long strip. Place the springform pan in the middle of the foil and fold the ends up along the sides.
- Lower the pan with sling underneath into the pressure cooker. Fold the foil down so the lid can close, but there is enough foil to grab to remove the pan.
- Pressure cook on high for 20 minutes. Allow pressure to release naturally.
- Remove the cheesecake by grabbing the foil to lift it to the top of the cooker then slide hands under the pan.
- Refrigerate uncovered for 3 hours. Cover and cool overnight to set.
- In a microwavable dish, combine sweetened condensed milk and chocolate chips. Heat for 30 seconds then stir. If chocolate is not melted, heat in 10 second intervals stirring for a few seconds each time until melted.
- Pour sauce over cheesecake and top with chopped chocolate peanut butter candy. Remove ring before serving. (or for a rustic look, remove the ring first then add the sauce and candy topping.
Sound fabulous? Share it!
More Cheesecake Recipes
Until next time, happy eating!