Creamy Pineapple Slushie makes a healthy tropical treat everyone can enjoy.
I have no idea if this is a Dole Whip copycat or not. I have never had one of those. But, I do know that this uses real pineapple instead of sugar and artificial pineapple flavoring so it is BETTER.
Pineapple is available year round, but it is at it’s peak March through July. They do not ripen after picking, though they will get softer and juicier if left on the counter. Just not sweeter.
How to pick a ripe pineapple: the color should be mostly yellow, it should feel slightly soft when squeezing and should smell pineapple-y. I also have good luck by trying to pull a leaf from the crown. If it comes out easily it is ripe, if you have to tug on it try another pineapple.
Healthy Dessert Recipes from Our Family Table
- Coconut Panna Cotta with Fresh Berries by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Fresh Pineapple Slushie by That Recipe
- Pear Custard Pie by Art of Natural Living
Creamy Pineapple Slushie
- 1 large pineapple
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 12 – 15 ice cubes
- Remove the skin and core of the pineapple and cut into chunks.
- Add the pineapple and coconut milk to a blender and mix until smooth. Add ice cubes a few at a time and blending until smooth until desired consistency.
- Pour into chilled glasses and serve immediately. Enjoy!