In honor of National Cherry Pie Day on February 20th, I give you this amazing recipe for Easy Creamy Cherry Pie with Pecan Crust from my Uncle Stony.
Why is National Cherry Pie Day in February when cherries are not even blooming in many parts of the US yet? My only guess is it has something to do with the myth of George Washington and the cherry tree. And since Washington’s birthday is February 11th or the 22nd depending on which calendar we use (yes, really!), and we celebrate our first president sometime in this month with mattress sales and floating apostrophes (President’s or Presidents’ or Presidents?) I guess the powers that be decided to declare February 20th as the day to honor the humble cherry pie.
Oh brother! Who cares why? Just make this awesome pie already.
Did I mention the pecans in the crust and cherries on top? Two of my favorite things.
Add in the sweet cheesecake like layer in the middle and my taste buds are doing a happy dance.
Plus it is ridiculously easy to make:
- mix flour (gluten free is fine) and pecans with melted butter for the crust and bake
- whip together the cream cheese filling and spread on top
- dump the cherries on top and chill.
[click_to_tweet tweet=”Easy Creamy Cherry Pie – simple dessert with pecan crust, cheesecake filling and cherry topping. #cherrydessert #easypie ” quote=”Easy Creamy Cherry Pie – simple dessert with pecan crust, cheesecake filling and cherry topping. #cherrydessert #easypie ” theme=”style2″]
Easy Creamy Cherry Pie
- 2 cups all purpose flour gluten free if desired
- 1 cup pecans finely chopped
- 1 cup butter or margarine melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1 pound powdered sugar
- 12 ounces whipped topping aka Cool Whip
- 2 cans cherry pie filling
- Combine flour, nuts and melted butter. Pat into a 13x9x2 pan and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Cool.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar very well. Fold in whipped topping. Spread over cooled crust.
- Spread cherry pie filling over top. Chill for several hours.
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.
- If you would like to be a co-host for this party, please email Tammy at email@example.com. You would post this party every Tuesday at 7 am Central Time and include an original recipe, a round-up of recipes, or your favorite features from this party along with the link-up. We also may need your help pinning up to 25 recipes to our party board every week.
Until next time, happy eating!