Grilled Corn, Tomato and Avocado Salad is a combination of some of the best flavors of summer in a healthy side dish perfect for your next cookout.
Eating your colors is easy with this delicious summer salad. Sure, you can use frozen corn and enjoy it anytime of year, but it is at it’s best when corn and tomatoes are in season. And grilling always makes everything taste better.
And this salad is so easy. Just grill up the corn while you are grilling your main course and prep the salad while you let the meat or poultry rest.
Grilled Corn, Tomato and Avocado Salad
- 2 large ears fresh corn (husks and silk removed)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter (melted)
- 1 medium red onion (halved and cut into thick slices)
- 1 pound cherry or grape tomatoes (halved)
- 1 large avocado (chopped)
- ¼ cup fresh parsley (roughly chopped)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- kosher salt and black pepper (to taste)
- Preheat grill to medium heat. Brush corn with melted butter.Place corn and red onion slices over direct heat.
- Rotate the corn a quarter turn every few minutes until each side is slightly charred. Flip red onion once while corn is cooking.
- Remove from heat and slice kernels from cob with a sharp knife. Discard cobs and transfer onions and corn kernels to a large salad bowl.
- Add tomatoes, avocado, fresh parsley, and lime juice to the corn. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and toss gently to combine.
Other summer salads
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you would like to receive an email reminding you to link up to this party, please click HERE and add your email address to the list! I will only send you an email about linking up to this party.