Herbed Mustard Sirloin is a simple flavor packed steak that can be prepared on in an indoor grill pan or outside on a grill.
A good steak doesn’t need a lot of work to be a fabulous meal. But if you want to kick it up a few notches, try mixing some herbs with Dijon mustard and slathering it on the steak before grilling.
You can grill indoors with a cast iron grill pan, or outside on the grill if the weather permits.
This recipe uses sirloin, but obviously you can use your favorite steak such as rib eye or t-bone. Serve it with a simple salad or throw some vegetables on the grill along with the steak for a quick meal.
While we prefer our steak medium rare I know not everyone else does so here’s a chart to help you judge doneness. If you don’t cook steak often, I recommend using an Instant read thermometer.
More Recipes from #OurFamilyTable
Check out these other recipes using 5 or less ingredients:
- Easy Slow Cooker Lazy Lasagna from Blogghetti
- Easy Stove Top Mac & Cheese from Palatable Pastime
- Five Ingredient Tortillas-18 Different Ways! from Magical Ingredients
- Herbed Mustard Sirloin from That Recipe
- Immersion Blender Hollandaise from Art of Natural Living
- Meatball Sub Casserole from Cheese Curd in Paradise
- Parmesan Crusted Filet from Making Miracles
- Pepper Jack Pimento Cheese from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Spiced Pineapple Cream Cheese from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Herbed Mustard Sirloin
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1½ pound sirloin steak
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Heat olive oil in a large cast iron grill pan over medium-high heat. Or preheat outdoor gas grill.
- In a small bowl, combine the mustard, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder. Spread mixture over the steak on all sides. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Place steak on grill and sear on both sides, approximately 2-3 minutes per side.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook on one side for 7 minutes. Turn steak and cook for another 5-10 minutes, or until steak reaches desired level of doneness.
- Remove from heat, tent with a piece of aluminum foil and let rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Sound fabulous? Share it!
More Grilled Favorites
Until next time, happy eating!