In this simple Mango Salsa, the flavors of the sweet mangoes, salty olives and zesty peppers combine for a mouthwatering taste sensation. You can serve it as a salsa on chips or tacos, etc. Or try it like a fruit salad.
I had to make a few substitutions to the original recipe below based on the ingredients in my pantry.
- First, I don’t have sliced ripe olives. No one in this house likes them so I don’t bother buying them. I did have some home brined olives with pits. So, I just removed the pits and threw them in. Not as pretty as the sliced but just as tasty.
- I was also out of red peppers so I left them out. they add a nice burst of color and help complement the sweetness of the mangoes. So you definitely want to add them if you have them.
Otherwise this dish is pretty straight forward: chop, mix, chill and serve.
Mango Salsa – sweet mangoes, salty olives and zesty peppers are combined for this mouthwatering tomato free salsa. Great with chips or as a fruit salad.
- 2 mangoes finely diced
- 3.8 ounce can of sliced olives drained
- 3/4 cups green bell pepper seeds removed, finely diced
- 3/4 cups red bell pepper seeds removed, finely diced
- 3/4 cups sweet onion such as Vidalia or Walla Walla finely diced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- salt and cayenne red pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno pepper minced
- Gently toss all ingredients except salt and cayenne together. Chill, covered in refrigerator for 2 hours or more.
Add seasonings to taste before serving.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.
Until next time, happy eating.