Celebrate without alcohol by serving these fun and fruity Sparkling Lemon Blueberry Mocktails.
These days, not everyone chooses to celebrate with alcohol. Some avoid it for religious or medical reasons. Some don't like the taste and others don't want the empty calories.
Whatever the reason a good host should want everyone to feel included and not uncomfortable because they are the only one "not drinking".
Have a pitcher of these Sparkling Lemon Blueberry Mocktails ready to go and let guests choose if they want to top it off with club soda or sparkling wine.
What Kind of Herb Should I Use?
Fresh herbs make this drink special. Not only do they flavor the simple syrup, but they can make a nice garnish for the finished drink as well.
My top suggestions that pair well with both lemon and blueberry are: mint, basil, rosemary, thyme and lavender (dried is fine for this one).
Choose Your Favorite Sparkling Mixer
Club soda and seltzer both give this drink the appropriate effervescence, but there are plenty of other choices on the market these days. You can stick to plain or add a flavored variety.
Obviously, lemon and berry would be good choices, but you could also opt for other citrus flavors (grapefruit or lime) or go off the map with something floral (hibiscus) or herbal (ginger).
More Mocktail Recipes from #OurFamilyTable
Looking for more delicious Mocktail recipes? Check out these from some of my favorite bloggers.
- Cranberry Orange Mocktail from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Pineapple Coconut Mocktail from Jen Around the World
- Sparkling Cranberry Kiss from Family Around the Table
- Sparkling Lemon Blueberry Mocktail from That Recipe
- Sparkling Pineapple Paloma Mocktail from Palatable Pastime
- Spiced Apple Cider from Art of Natural Living
Sparkling Lemon Blueberry Mocktail
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 3 tablespoons fresh mint, basil, thyme, or rosemary (or 1 tablespoon dried lavender)
- 1-2 tablespoons real maple syrup or agave syrup
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 cups water (divided)
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup club soda, seltzer or sparkling mineral water
- Ice cubes (to serve)
Blueberry Simple Syrup
- In a small saucepan, combine the blueberries, herbs, maple syrup, honey, and one quarter cup water in a small saucepan. Simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally and pressing on the blueberries to release the juices.
- When the mixture is thickened, about 4-5 minutes, remove from heat. Strain through a fine mesh strainer over a small bowl to remove the solids. Discard solids and set syrup aside to cool.
Sparkling Blueberry Lemon Mocktail
- Add lemon juice and remaining water to a large pitcher. Add blueberry simple syrup, to taste, and stir to combine.
- Fill 4 glasses with ice and fill each ⅔ full with the blueberry lemonade mixture. Top off each glass with club soda. Garnish with lemon wedges, blueberries, fresh herbs, etc.
Sound fabulous? Share it!
More Mocktail Recipes
Until next time, happy eating!