Spicy Cherry Chutney is a sweet and tangy condiment with a little kick.
Some people might face the dilemma of having too many cherries at once and not being able to eat them all before they go bad. I would like to know these people so I can take a few
dozen pounds off their hands. I love fresh summer cherries.
But this Spicy Cherry Chutney is delicious too, and it is a great way to preserve all of those beautiful red beauties to enjoy the rest of the year as well.
This pairs beautifully with any kind of pork or it can be used as a spread on sandwiches, crostini or crackers, or along side your favorite curry (here’s an easy 30 minute recipe). Serve it along side a cheese tray or spread it on a block of cream cheese with crackers for a quick appetizer.
Other Summer Fruit Chutney Recipes
Spicy Cherry Chutney
- 2 cups fresh Bing cherries (pitted and halved)
- 1/2 medium lemon
- ½ medium red onion (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 inch piece fresh ginger (peeled and minced)
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- ½ teaspoon red cayenne pepper
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Zest and juice the lemon half.
- In a wide-bottom saucepan, combine all ingredients except lemon zest.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Immediately reduce heat to medium-low and cover. Simmer for about 25-30 minutes.
- Remove cover from pan, and continue cooking until the mixture becomes thick and chunky.
- Remove from heat and stir in lemon zest.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you would like to receive an email reminding you to link up to this party, please click HERE and add your email address to the list! I will only send you an email about linking up to this party.