Strawberry Margarita Ice Cream Sandwiches are a delicious combination of strawberry and lime with or without added alcohol.
Ice cream sandwiches are so easy to make at home and you can make a multitude of flavors by swapping ice cream flavors with different cookie flavors (or pound cake in this case).
These were supposed to be straight up Margarita flavored with lime sherbet, however I couldn't find any at the store. I did however, have some ready to drink strawberry margarita mix in the fridge. So I grabbed some strawberry ice cream instead. Excellent choice. But the straight lime would be too.
You might be tempted to add extra margarita mix to the ice cream... don't! You run the risk of it not freezing back up, or being extra icy, neither of which you want. If you want more flavor, you can simmer down some margarita mix in a saucepan and add the thicker syrup to the ice cream.
You can prep these ahead of time for a party. Just remove them 5 minutes before serving and add the final rim of margarita mix and lime sugar at the last minute.
I've joined with some of my favorite bloggers for Barbecue week: a week of sharing barbecue, grilling, and cookout recipes for you to enjoy year round.
Thursday #BBQWeek Recipes
Appetizers and Drinks
- Berry Basil Moscow Mules by Daily Dish Recipes
- Virgin Strawberry Daiquiris by House of Nash Eats
- Watermelon Raspberry Lemonade by Kate's Recipe Box
- Antipasto Chickpea Salad by Making Miracles
- Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad by Sweet Beginnings
- Dutch Oven Potatoes by Devour Dinner
- Summer Pasta Salad by SueBee Homemaker
- Grilled Ham Steak with Honey Mustard Glaze by Blogghetti
- Strawberry Margarita Ice Cream Sandwiches by That Recipe
Strawberry Margarita Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 1 quart strawberry ice cream
- ¼ cup strawberry margarita mix (with or without alcohol)
- 1 large lime
- ⅓ cup pink cocktail sugar (or pink sugar sprinkles)
- 1 loaf pound cake
- ½ cup strawberry margarita mix (with or without alcohol)
- At least 4 to 6 hours before serving, remove the ice cream from the freezer to soften a little. Mix in ¼ cup strawberry margarita mix. Place back in freezer until ready to serve.
- Slice pound cake into ¼ inch slices. Grill or toast until lightly browned. Let cool before making sandwiches, about 5 minutes.
- While the pound cake is cooling, zest the lime using the fine side of a box grater. Use the fruit for another recipe.
- In a small flat bowl combine the sugar and lime zest. Add the remaining margarita mix into another small flat bowl.
- Gently add a small scoop of ice cream on top of a slice of pound cake and spread to the edge. Top with another slice of pound cake. Can be frozen at this point and removed 5-10 minutes before serving, if desired.
- Dip the sides of the sandwich quickly into the margarita mix then into the lime sugar mixture. Serve immediately.
Sound fabulous? Share it!
Until next time, happy eating!