A Classic Margarita recipe with tequila, triple sec and limes served in a salt rimmed glass.
I don't drink cocktails often, but if I do it is usually a Margarita. I just love the salty sour combination. And, I definitely prefer straight or on the rocks versus blended.
Yes, you can just buy a bottle of pre-made mix with other additives. But, why bother when the drink is so simple to make up. The recipe below is just 3 simple ingredients shaken with ice.
If you like yours a little sweeter you could add some simple syrup or, better yet, a little agave.
More Margarita Recipes from #OurFamilyTable
We have Margarita Madness this week, check out these other wonderful Margarita recipes.
- Classic Margarita by That Recipe
- Frozen Peach Margarita by Art of Natural Living
- Limoncello Margarita by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Pomegranate Margaritas by Sweet Beginnings
- Sweet Heat Margarita by Our Good Life
We share Recipes From Our Dinner Table! Join our group and share your recipes, too! While you're at it, join our Pinterest board, too!
- lime wedge
- coarse or Kosher salt
- 1 ½ ounce tequila
- 1 ounce lime juice
- ½ ounce triple sec
- ice cubes
- Place salt in saucer or small bowl. Moisten rim of glass with lime wedge and dip in salt.
- Place tequila, lime juice, triple sec and ice cubes in cocktail shaker. Cover with lid and shake vigorously. Pour into prepared glass and garnish with lime wedge. Salud!
- 375 ml (12.6 ounce) bottle of tequila
- 250 ml (1 cup) lime juice
- 125 ml (½ cup) triple sec
Sound fabulous? Share it!
More Cocktail Recipes
Until next time, happy eating!
There is nothing like a classic Margarita. Everyone should know how to make one!
I love a classic margarita with fresh ingredients. This sounds wonderful!
Inger @ Art of Natural Liivng
Yum! Classic for good reason!
I make this weekly and everyone loves it. Thank you for sharing this amazing margarita recipe!