A Classic Margarita recipe with tequila, triple sec and limes served in a salt rimmed glass.
I don't drink cocktails often, but if I do it is usually a Margarita. I just love the salty sour combination. And, I definitely prefer straight or on the rocks versus blended.
Yes, you can just buy a bottle of pre-made mix with other additives. But, why bother when the drink is so simple to make up. The recipe below is just 3 simple ingredients shaken with ice.
If you like yours a little sweeter you could add some simple syrup or, better yet, a little agave.
More Margarita Recipes from #OurFamilyTable
We have Margarita Madness this week, check out these other wonderful Margarita recipes.
- Classic Margarita by That Recipe
- Frozen Peach Margarita by Art of Natural Living
- Limoncello Margarita by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Pomegranate Margaritas by Sweet Beginnings
- Sweet Heat Margarita by Our Good Life
- lime wedge
- coarse or Kosher salt
- 1 ½ ounce tequila
- 1 ounce lime juice
- ½ ounce triple sec
- ice cubes
- Place salt in saucer or small bowl. Moisten rim of glass with lime wedge and dip in salt.
- Place tequila, lime juice, triple sec and ice cubes in cocktail shaker. Cover with lid and shake vigorously. Pour into prepared glass and garnish with lime wedge. Salud!
- 375 ml (12.6 ounce) bottle of tequila
- 250 ml (1 cup) lime juice
- 125 ml (½ cup) triple sec
Sound fabulous? Share it!
More Cocktail Recipes
Until next time, happy eating!