Combine the flavors of a strawberry margarita in creamy dreamy popsicle is sure to be a hit at your summer gatherings.
Years ago one of my neighbors brought the most amazing creamy margarita pops to a pool party. They were so refreshing on the 100+ degree day. It has been on my list to make them since that day.
Well this year's margarita round up was finally the impetus for me to make them. And why go with plain old margaritas when you can add some beautifully ripe fresh strawberries to them?
Ingredients for Creamy Strawberry Margarita Popsicles
The secret ingredient in these popsicles is the sweetened condensed milk. Instead of being a solid block of ice like most ice pops, the milk gives it a soft creamy texture. Not quite ice cream, but definitely a wonderful blend of the two.
Instead of strawberries you could use water instead, or mix in other fruit juice such as watermelon, mango, other berries, etc. Make a few of each and have a margarita pop taste off.
More Margarita Recipes from #OurFamilyTable
Hopefully summer barbecues will be back on this year, and if you need some adult beverages to enjoy check out these margarita recipes.
Must Make Margaritas
- Classic Margarita Mocktail from Jen Around the World
- Creamy Strawberry Margarita Popsicles from That Recipe
- Frozen Strawberry Margarita from Art of Natural Living
- Kiwi Margaritas from The Spiffy Cookie
- Mai Tai Margarita from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Raspberry Margarita from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Rose Margarita from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Sangria Margarita from Palatable Pastime
- Skinny Fruit Margarita from Our Good Life
We share Recipes From Our Dinner Table! Join our group and share your recipes, too! While you're at it, join our Pinterest board, too!
Creamy Strawberry Margarita Popsicles
- 1 ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 1 14-ounce can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup fresh strawberries (hulls removed)
- ¼ cup tequila
- 2 tablespoons triple sec or orange juice (optional)
- coarse colored sugar or salt
- 12 slices limes or strawberries or both
- Put the lime juice, condensed milk, strawberries, tequila, and triple sec in a blender and puree until smooth.
- Place cups on a baking sheet or other dish that will fit in your freezer. Pour mixture evenly among the cups. Insert a popsicle stick in a lime/strawberry slice and place in the cups on top of the mixture with a few inches of the stick in the liquid.
- Freeze until solid. Store in a zip to lock bag if desired to store for longer than a day or two.
- To serve: remove from cups and sprinkle with colored sugar.
Sound fabulous? Share it!
More Frozen Dessert Recipes
Until next time, happy eating!
Yes to all of this!! I love cocktail popsicles. Heck. I love all kinds of popsicles. They're so fun to eat.