These Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies are easy to make and quick to disappear. Simple twist on the classic chocolate chip cookie.
Time to Fill the Cookie Jar! On the first Thursday of the month I join with a group of other talented bloggers to post cookie recipes based on our monthly theme. This month we have Back to School / Children's Favorite cookies. Be sure to check out the other recipes from the group at the bottom of the page.
The basic recipe for these Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies comes from Mrs. Fields Cookie Book: 100 Recipes from the Kitchen of Mrs. Fields. I've learned a few good cookie baking tips from this book that I have used often throughout the years.
- Instead of sifting, she whisks the dry ingredients together. An especially fun task for young sous-chefs.
- She bakes the cookies at a lower temperature, so they take longer, but I think the resulting texture is vastly improved.
Unfortunately, there are no recipes for the cookies served at the stores in the book. Which is fine by me, because I just roll up to West Covina Mall to visit my friend Dinh when I have a Mrs. Fields craving.
I made these for a going away present for our neighbors that moved away. They sent me text messages from the road telling me how good they were. Then I made another batch for the friend that rescued this site after the nightmarish host transfer gone bad experience. And he also praised them.
But the theme is Children's Favorite, so how did my child like them? I got distracted blogging and didn't notice that he snuck FOUR of them! So, I'd say they were a hit.
Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dark brown sugar (packed)
- ¾ cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips (dark, semi sweet or milk chocolate)
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, soda and salt.
- In a large bowl beat butter and sugars until creamy. Scrape down sides of the bowl. Add eggs and vanilla. Beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the flour mixture and combine. Stir in chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonful onto cookie sheets, 1 ½ inches apart.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, until top of the cookie looks baked. Move to a rack to cool.
Until next time, happy eating.
I think I need a tall glass of milk to go with the craving I'm having for these cookies now. Thank you for linking up at #BloggersBrags. I am pinning this one!
Those cookies look fantastic - Thanks for linking up to Pin Worthy Wednesday, I have pinned your post to the Pin Worthy Wednesday Pinterest Board.