Dr. Pepper Brownies add an extra layer of flavor to traditional brownies with a little bit of Dr. Pepper.
Chocolate brownies don't need help, they are amazing in their own right. But, if you wanted to add a little something extra, try some soda pop.
Even if you aren't a huge fan of soda, adding a little to the brownies adds a nice depth of flavor. As a matter of fact, my guys didn't even know what I had put in the brownies they just devoured them.
Ingredients for Dr. Pepper Brownies
The ingredients in these are pretty basic brownie ingredients:
- chocolate and cocoa
- brown sugar (way better than white sugar in brownies!)
- vanilla extract
- baking soda
Plus the addition of two special ingredients:
- instant coffee
- Dr. Pepper
Neither of these special ingredients overwhelm the brownies and make them taste like coffee or Dr. Pepper.
The coffee deepens the chocolate flavor and the soda adds extra flavors like vanilla, cherry, caramel and a variety of spices.
Instead of Dr. Pepper you could also use root beer, cola, lemon lime, or just about any flavor you like.
More Brownie Recipes from #OurFamilyTable
Here are a batch of brownie recipes to feed your inner chocoholic.
Best Brownie Recipes
- Copycat Cosmic Brownies from Books n' Cooks
- Crumbl Brownie Batter Cookies from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Dr. Pepper Brownies from That Recipe
- Heart of Darkness Brownies from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Pink Peppermint Crunch Brownies from Palatable Pastime
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ cup Dr. Pepper soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease a 9 x 9 inch baking pan
- Put butter and chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl and heat for 30 seconds, stir and microwave for another 30 seconds. Repeat if necessary to melt the chocolate chips.
- In a large mixing bowl combine melted chocolate with brown sugar and eggs. Stir in Dr. Pepper and vanilla extract.
- Add flour, cocoa powder, instant coffee, and salt. Stir just until combined.
- Pour into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes, let stand for 5 minutes in the pan and transfer to a cooling rack.
Sound fabulous? Share it!
Until next time, happy eating!