Baked Pizza Gyoza make a quick and easy appetizer or snack that any pizza lover will appreciate.
This post was originally published in April 2015 and has been updated with new photographs.
This recipe was originally inspired by the Never Say Xever episode of the 2012 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle series. In that episode and several that follow, they are steamed like traditional gyoza.
But, my son didn't care for the texture. So, we remade them and baked them for a crunchy afterschool snack.
Use your favorite pizza filling, we had mini pepperoni slices so I went with those. Plain cheese is great too. And aside from the actual baking part, kids of all ages can help make these.
There are no real tricks to making them except keep an eye on the oven when you bake them so they don't burn.
Baked Pizza Gyoza Step by Step
Spread out the wonton or gyoza wrappers.
Wet the edge.
Fold over and seal it.
Bake. And then try to keep them away from April and the Turtles so you can enjoy them.
More Pizza Recipes from #OurFamilyTable
We all love a good pizza. Here are some more delicious pizza recipes to try from some of my favorite bloggers.
More Perfect Pizza Recipes:
- Apple Prosciutto Pizza from Jen Around the World
- Autumn Pizza from Our Good Life
- Broccoli Pizza with Provolone, Mozzarella, and Pecorino Romano from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Chicago-Style Deep Dish Pizza Recipe from The Fresh Cooky
- Crab Rangoon Pizza from Palatable Pastime
- Filet French Bread Pizza from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- French Bread Mummy Pizzas from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Hatch Chile Pizza with Bacon and Mozzarella from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Hatch Chili and Ricotta Sauce Pineapple Pizza from Magical Ingredients
- Pizza Gyoza from That Recipe
- Skillet Pizza Dip from Family Around the Table
- Taco Pizza from Art of Natural Living
- Tortilla Pizza from Fresh April Flours
We share Recipes From Our Dinner Table! Join our group and share your recipes, too! While you're at it, join our Pinterest board, too!
Baked Pizza Gyoza
- wonton or gyoza wrappers
- mozzarella cheese sticks (or mozzarella cheese)
- pasta or pizza sauce
- mini pepperoni pieces (or cooked sausage or other pizza topping)
- cooking spray or oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Slice cheese sticks thinly or grate cheese.
- Spread out wonton wrappers on a baking sheet.
- Add about a teaspoon of sauce to the center of each wrapper.
- Add cheese.
- Add pepperoni.
- Dip finger in water and wet around the edge of the wrapper.
- Fold wrapper into a triangle and press to seal. You can make a fancy accordion fold, if desired, to look more like traditional gyoza.
- Spray both sides with cooking spray or brush lightly with oil.
- Bake for 3-4 minutes a side until they start to brown and crisp up.
Sound fabulous? Share it!
Until next time, happy eating!
More Wonton/Gyoza Appetizers
Until next time, happy eating.
These look SO TASTY!! I'm going to have to try these this week since it's Spring Break!
I was looking for a cool recipe for Won Ton wrappers! This is perfect! I love pizza, how could I have not thought to make it, too! Thanks so much! I love quick and easy recipes!
Joanne T Ferguson
Love this idea Audrey! I have the ingredients on hand! Pinned!
Teresa (embracing the spectrum)
Wow! So simple and yet so delicious-looking!
These look delicious and very easy to make! I am going to make these with my son. We have pizza night every Friday. Thanks for sharing 🙂
These are adorable. I really like that it is essentially making your own pizza rolls but healthier! Great idea we will be trying these! #ibabloggers
These look yummy. Pinning this recipe.
Glory @ Foodie*ish
I found you at the Foodie Friends link-up... and what an awesome idea this is! My kids are gonna flip over these! Thank you for sharing.
I could go for one of those right now! Pinning! Thanks for sharing with us at Pin-Worthy Wednesday!
I definitely have to try this, looks great!
Natalie @ Threads & Bobbins
These make my mouth water! I am definitely making these!!
Thank you for linking up at the Talented Tuesday Link Party! I hope you can join us again this week 🙂
A creative and easy recipe, these will be a great after school snack!
Inger @ Art of Natural Liivng
These look so fun and tasty! Love finding a new appetizer before the holidays!