Looking for an easy quick bread bursting with citrus flavor and bright orange color? Try this Cranberry Whole Orange Bread.
Before we jump into the recipe, I want to tell you a few things about the ingredients:
Cranberries: I sure hope you can still buy some fresh cranberries this late in the season or you saved a few bags in your freezer. If not, you can use fresh or frozen blueberries instead.
Oranges: As much as I love navel oranges, you don’t want to use them for this recipe. They have too much pith (the white stuff in the peel) that can make this bitter. Also, since you are going to use the entire orange, peel and all, I highly recommend using organic fruit or at the least scrub the peel very well before using.This Cranberry Whole Orange Bread will brighten the dreariest day. Click To Tweet
- 2 small thin skinned organic oranges
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 milk
- 1 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons double acting baking powder
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries or blueberries roughly chopped
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a loaf pan.
Remove the stems from the oranges and cut into quarters. Remove seeds. Puree in food processor or blender until smooth. You should have about 2/3 cup of orange puree.
Add egg, milk and melted butter and pulse a few times until combined.
In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and sugar. Add liquid and fold until moistened. If batter is too dry add additional milk a tablespoon more at a time.
Fold in chopped cranberries.
Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
We still need one new host for January! Here are the requirements to hosting a Tasty Tuesday’s party:
You are committing to posting every Tuesday at 8 am EST a recipe post (either a recipe, a round-up of recipes, or features from the previous party) and pinning 25 recipes that are linked up to this party to our Tasty Tuesday’s board. You would be part of our Facebook group where you would receive the scripts and be assigned the numbers you would pin. Tammy’s email is firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.