Blackberry Prosecco Punch is a delicious adult punch recipe perfect for late spring and summer festivities when berries are at their best.
I love combining fruit and herbs together. Basil goes particularly well with berries and citrus (Lemon Basil Shortbread). Rosemary is another great herb with berries (Strawberry Rosemary Wine Slushies). The herbs add a touch of spice that accents the fruit flavors.
For a real depth of flavor to this punch add the floral liqueur or syrup if you have it. I use elderflower, but rose would also be a nice choice. Or you can add a bit of blackberry or orange liqueurs. So many choices!
More Berry Recipes from #OurFamilyTable
Here are some more berry delicious recipes from my favorite bloggers.
More Berry Delicious Recipes:
- Berry and Kiwi Salad with Sweet Balsamic Dressing from Sweet Beginnings
- Berry Falooda from Magical Ingredients
- Blackberry Prosecco Punch from That Recipe
- Breakfast Berry Trifle from Art of Natural Living
- Fresh Strawberry Bundt Cake from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Blackberry Basil Prosecco Punch
- 8-10 large fresh blackberries
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil (torn )
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cups water
- 5 ounce elderflower liqueur (or blackberry, orange or other floral liqueur or syrup)
- 750 milliliter bottle Prosecco (chilled)
- fresh blackberries
- sprigs of fresh basil
- In a small saucepan simmer blackberries, basil, honey, and water over medium heat until mixture is heated through and starts to thicken, about 4-5 minutes. Press on the blackberries while heating to release juices.
- Strain mixture through a fine mesh strainer to remove solids and set aside to cool.
- Add 1 ounce of elderflower liqueur to each glass (champagne flutes work well) along with a tablespoon of the blackberry simple syrup.
- Fill each glass with chilled Prosecco and garnish with 2-3 fresh blackberries and a sprig of fresh basil.
Sound fabulous? Share it!
More Berry Favorites
Until next time, happy eating!