Is your family tired of plain bring rice? Add a few fresh ingredients to create this flavorful Cilantro Lime Rice that pairs nicely with a variety of cuisines.
In the recipe below I include my instructions for speedy perfectly cooked brown rice. The trick? Boil it like pasta. Surrounding all of those beautiful grains with boiling water ensures evenly cooked rice in about half the time of steaming.
If you don't want brown rice you can prepare whichever type you prefer according to package directions: white, jasmine, basmati, etc.
[click_to_tweet tweet="Tired of plain boring rice? Jazz it up with a few simple ingredients for a flavorful side dish. #sidedish #brownrice #healthyeating" quote="Tired of plain boring rice? Jazz it up with a few simple ingredients for a flavorful side dish. " theme="style2"]
Cilantro Lime Rice
- 1 ½ cups brown rice
- 1 fresh lime
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro (chopped)
- salt and black pepper (to taste)
- In a large sauce pan, combine the rice with 4-5 cups of water. Bring to a boil then reduce to medium low for 25 minutes. Taste a few grains for tenderness. When rice is cooked to your preference, drain remaining water.
- While rice is cooking zest and juice the lime and chop the cilantro.
- Fluff cooked rice with a fork and stir in fresh lime juice, lime zest, and cilantro. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS' LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site--either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you would like to receive an email reminding you to link up to this party, please click HERE and add your email address to the list! I will only send you an email about linking up to this party.