This Creamy Dijon Red Potato Salad will add some zest to your next picnic or cookout. It is simple to make and best if made a day ahead to allow the flavors to fully develop.
I use red potatoes for this, but if you want to add other colors, or even mixed colors like blue and red that would work too. Leave the skins on for some added color, just be sure to scrub your potatoes thoroughly before cooking. Just make sure your potato pieces are all about the same size before cooking.
Creamy Dijon Red Potato Salad
- 3 pounds red potatoes (washed, dried, and cut into quarters)
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- ¾ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 medium shallot (outer skin removed and finely chopped)
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- ½ cup fresh dill (chopped)
- ½ cup fresh parsley (chopped)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Place cut potatoes in a large microwave-safe dish and add 2 tablespoons of water. Cover and microwave for 2 minutes. Potatoes should be tender enough to split with a fork, but still firm. If they are still too firm microwave another minute and check.
- Remove potatoes from dish and spread out in a single layer on a baking sheet to dry.
- In a large bowl, add mayonnaise, yogurt, shallot, mustard and fresh herbs. Stir to combine thoroughly.
- Add potatoes to dressing and toss to coat.
- Cover and store in the refrigerator for up to 1-2 days. Add salt and pepper to taste just before serving.
Other summer side dishes for your picnic or cookout:
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS' LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site--either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you would like to receive an email reminding you to link up to this party, please click HERE and add your email address to the list! I will only send you an email about linking up to this party.