These Orange Blueberry Muffins are moist and delicious with plenty of fresh blueberries but no sugar added, making them a great choice for breakfast or dessert.
Many people pair lemon with blueberries in muffins; like these Mutagen Lemon Blueberry Muffins. (No, you don’t taste the spinach)
However, I did not have any lemons, only an orange. So, I mixed and matched a few recipes and came up with these scrumptious blueberry swirled beauties. And to make them a bit healthier I swapped stevia for the sugar to reduce the calorie load.
These Orange Blueberry Muffins are moist and delicious with loads of fresh blueberries, a hint of orange, and no sugar added.
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon stevia for baking
- 1-2 fresh oranges
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup stevia for baking
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line or grease muffin tins ( makes 6 jumbo or about 12 regular muffins).
Using microplane or small side of box grater, zest the orange then juice it. Set both aside.
In a small saucepan, simmer 1 cup blueberries with 1 tablespoon stevia. Mash berries and cook down to about 1/4 cup.
In a mixing bowl combine flour, 1 cup stevia, baking powder and orange zest.
In a 2 cup or larger measuring cup, measure yogurt and add butter, egg and enough orange juice to make 1 1/2 cups. Mix to combine.
Fold the liquid ingredients into the blueberries with remaining 1/2 cup blueberries until moist.
Fill muffin tins about 1/2 full, add blueberry sauce to the center, top with remaining batter. Swirl each muffin with a knife.
Bake at 400 degrees until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes depending on muffin size.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you would like to receive an email reminding you to link up to this party, please click HERE and add your email address to the list! I will only send you an email about linking up to this party.