This post is sponsored in conjunction with #SpringSweetsWeek. I received product samples from sponsor companies to help in the creation of the #SpringSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
Orange Pecan Torte is a delightfully nutty cake that is a delicious treat for any gathering.
Be sure to scroll past the recipe to enter the Spring Sweets Week Giveaway and for more Spring Sweets recipes.
This is a mandeltorte, except instead of almonds it is made with pecans, which would make it a pecannussetorte I guess. The cake is fluffy and moist with a nutty orange flavor that is amazing.
I used a springform pan (aka removable ring or cheesecake pan), but you can also bake it in a loaf plan. Just be sure to leave extra aluminum foil on the edges to help remove it from the pan.
If desired you can cut it into layers adding a filling such as orange curd in between. I cannot cut even layers to save my life so I left it as is. Top it with whipped cream or frosting or a sprinkling of powdered sugar.
Made special thanks to Millican Pecans
Millican Pecan began when E.E. Risien, founded the West Texas Pecan Nursery in the late 1800’s at the junction of the San Saba and Colorado Rivers. He received much recognition for his experiments that altered the course of the pecan industry and helped to establish San Saba as the “Pecan Capital of the World.” From this location, they developed many great pecan varieties, as well as a prosperous orchard that serves our customers well, even to this day. Today Millican Pecan is being run by the 5th generation, the one that launched the Millican Pecan website in 2002.
I used their pecan meal and saved myself a step, but you can easily use whole pecans or pecan pieces and grind them up in a food processor.
Visit https://millicanpecan.com/ to learn more about pecans, find delicious recipes, and buy their amazing pecans and pecan products.
Orange Pecan Torte
- 6 large eggs separated
- 1 medium orange
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup pecan meal (finely ground pecans)
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs (gluten free if desired)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cover the outside bottom of an 8 inch springform pan (to catch any leaks) and set on a baking sheet. Alternatively you can line a loaf pan with aluminum foil with 2" extra foil to ease removal.
- Separate eggs into two mixing bowls. Grate the zest from the orange and juice it.
- Beat egg yolks, add sugar gradually and continue beating until creamy. Mix in pecan meal, bread crumbs, orange juice and zest.
- Beat egg whites until stiff, but not dry. When you remove the beaters the peak should stand up straight and not fall over.
- GENTLY fold egg whites into the pecan meal batter. Pour into pan
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until center is completely set. Allow to cool in the pan
- Remove from pan and top with whipped cream, orange curd or powdered sugar. The cake can be cut into layers if desired.
Spring Sweets WeekWelcome to #SpringSweetsWeek 2020 hosted by Heather from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks! What better way to celebrate the warmer weather and flowers blooming than with food and a fun giveaway? 27 bloggers from around the country have come together to share over 100 sweet recipes perfect for spring! So stop thinking about cold and snow and get ready to enjoy the best spring sweets like cupcakes, cookies, brownies, pies, and even beverages! Our #SpringSweetsWeek sponsors are helping us give away some great prizes. Thank you so much to Dixie Crystals, Millican Pecan, Door County Coffee, Anolon, Deiss Cookware, Adams Extract, and Fresh April Sprinkles for your generosity. We have an incredible giveaway below and would love if you would take a moment to read about it and the prizes you can win!
Thursday #SpringSweetsWeek Recipes
- Apple Pie Pop Tarts by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Banana Pecan Muffins by Jen Around the World
- Butterscotch Sheet Cake by Pastry Chef Online
- Carrot Cake Scones with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting by Blogghetti
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cake Roll by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Chocolate Crackles by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Frosted Mocha Brownies by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Homemade Cinnamon Pecan Granola by Simply Inspired Meals
- Low-Carb Creme Brulee by Art of Natural Living
- No Bake Banana Cream Pie with Pecan Crust by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Orange Pecan Torte by That Recipe
- Pecan Pralines by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Raspberry Almond Cold Brew Latte by The Baking Fairy
- Strawberry Poptarts by Cookaholic Wife
- Strawberry Rhubarb Sweet Rolls by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Sweet and Salty Easter Snack Mix by Sweet Beginnings
Check out the amazing prizes you can win in our #SpringSweetsWeek Giveaway!
Prize #1: Millican Pecan is giving one winner a Tower of Treats! The Tower of Treats which includes 3 decorative gift tins stacked on top of each other: 2 lb. Chocolate Pecan Sampler, Flavored Pecan Sampler and 8 oz. tin of Milk Chocolate Caramillicans.
Prize #2: Door County Coffee is giving one winner 20 full-pots of coffee and a Door County Coffee mug. Full pots will consist of seasonal flavors, flavored coffee, and non-flavored coffee.
Prize #3: Dixie Crystals is giving one winner a set of Nordic Ware Bundt Pans. This set contains one Chiffon Bundt Pan and one Vaulted Cathedral Bundt Pan perfect for decorative baking.
Prize #4: Anolon is giving one winner an Anolon Advanced 5 piece Bakeware set. This nonstick bakeware set includes two 8 inch round cake pans, one 8 inch square cake pan, a 10 x 15 cookie pan, and a 9.25 x 14 cooling rack! It’s the perfect set for any baker.
Prize #5: Fresh April Sprinkles is giving one winner their choice of three 4 ounce bags of sprinkles! Winner can choose from favorites like the Birthday Party Blend, Cotton Candy Blend, Pink Lemonade Blend, and so many others!
Prize #6: Adams Extract is giving one winner an Adams baking pack with 4-6 items including their amazing 4oz Adams Best® Vanilla Flavor. This prize package is great for anyone who loves to bake!
Prize #7: Deiss Kitchenware is giving one winner a kitchen utensil prize package! The winner will receive a digital thermometer, a grater, an apple slicer and corer set, and a 5 piece utensil set!a Rafflecopter giveaway
Thank you #SpringSweetsWeek Sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Millican Pecan, Door County Coffee & Tea Co., Anolon, Fresh April Sprinkles, Deiss Kitchenware, and Adams Extracts for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #SpringSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are my own. The #SpringSweetsWeek giveaway is open to residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Seven (7) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The #SpringSweetsWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #SpringSweetsWeek posts or entry.