I brought this super easy Peach Strawberry Salsa to #CookoutWeek today. I have paired with 40 other bloggers to bring you recipes for your barbecue, picnic, pool parties and other summer fun. Be sure to check out all of the great recipes the other bloggers shared today at the bottom of the post and enter the giveaway for a wonderful $400 prize package.
I love fresh fruit salsas. They are so easy to make and the sweetness of the fruit helps balance out the heat. And of course making it yourself means you can have the freshest ingredients and customize it to your tastes.
The peaches and strawberries in this are good with chips, and make a flavorful combination for grilled fish and chicken.
In case you don’t know how to blanch the skin off the peaches, here’s a quick video:
If you need more details you can read this post.
[click_to_tweet tweet=”This Peach Strawberry Salsa takes advantage of summer’s sweet bounty. #recipes #healthy” quote=”This Peach Strawberry Salsa takes advantage of summer’s sweet bounty. #recipes #healthy” theme=”style2″]
We have a fabulous giveaway featuring products from the brands who have made #CookoutWeek possible! You can enter below to win:
- From blog host The PinterTest Kitchen: $100 Amazon gift card, to use to buy all the supplies you need for your next cookout
- From our sponsor The French Farm: A gift pack of gourmet products hand-crafted by small businesses and using only the finest ingredients – La Favorita Genovese Pesto, Caprichos del Guadalquivir Cadenera Orange Marmalade, and L’Abeille Occitane Lavender Honey
- From our sponsor Smokin’-Os: A sampler pack of their “smokin’-os” wood rings, to help you add wood-fired, smokey taste to your grilled foods, even if you don’t own a smoker
- From our sponsor Primal Kitchen: $200 of Primal Kitchen goodies, including condiments made with avocado oil and bars and shakes with grass-fed collagen
- From our sponsor Langers Juice Company: Your choice of 10 bottles of Langers Juice, with flavors including traditional Apple and Grape, as well as interesting mixes such as Pineapple Orange Coconut, Cranberry Blood Orange, and Mango Peach
- From our sponsor True Made Foods: A 3-bottle sampler pack of sauces with real flavors made from real vegetables and less sugar – Ketchup, BBQ, and Veracha
This prize pack has an ARV of over $400! You have until July 1 at 11:59 PM to enter by following our sponsors and bloggers on social media:
You get a bonus entry in the giveaway for comments, so tell me how do you like your salsa Mild, Medium, Hot, or Scorching?
Peach Strawberry Salsa
- 6-8 Large fresh peaches skin and pit removed, chopped
- 1/2 lb strawberries hulled and diced
- 1/2 cup red onions diced
- 1-2 jalapeno peppers seeds removed and finely dieced
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon or lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves chopped
- cayenne pepper
- Combine all ingredients except cayenne. Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Add cayenne pepper to taste before serving.