These Dinosaur Track Snacks are a cute and easy recipe that your little dinosaur lover can make by themselves.
It has been beautiful outside lately and my garden has been calling me to come play. I just don't feel like sitting inside and blogging, so I recruited someone to do a guest post today: my favorite soon to be seven year old sous chef, a.k.a. my son, the one and only "J-man".
Not only did he read the recipe, gather the ingredients and make these Dinosaur Track Snacks all by himself (I got to take down the peanut butter from the top shelf) he wrote out the instructions so everyone can make them.
We got the recipe from A Dinosaur Cookbook: Simple Recipes for Kids (First Cookbooks) [affiliate link: I may receive a few pennies for any purchases through that link].
This mom's review: the book is cute, great photos and recipes but there are only about 10 of them. Check it out from the library or buy used.
Now for J's recipe:
- round crackers
- peanut butter
- crunchy chow mein noodles
- knife or spoon for spreading
First you take out 6 crackers and put them on a plate.
Then spread on some peanut butter. You can lick the peanut butter off your hands like I did.
Next put on the chow mein noodles to look like dinosaur tracks.
Then last you eat it all up.
There you have it, a simple snack for kids to make themselves. Or make a bunch for a dinosaur themed party.
[click_to_tweet tweet="Dinosaur Tracks Snacks: easy and tasty snacks the kids can make themselves. #cookingwithkids #dinosaurs" quote="Dinosaur Tracks Snacks: easy and tasty snacks the kids can make themselves. #cookingwithkids #dinosaurs" theme="style2"]
Now let's see what deliciousness the Tasty Tuesday bloggers are going to tempt us with this week.
Ashley from Forgetful Momma is joining Audrey from That Recipe to be our co-hosts for March! Please make sure that you follow them in at least one way! They will be commenting on and pinning many of your posts.
We would love to have you link up to three of your old or new food posts!
Here are just a few requests for this linky:
- PLEASE follow the hosts and co-hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They visit your post, leave a comment, and pin your post. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please make sure you link up only food-related posts that have never been linked up here before or they will be deleted. Non-food posts can always be linked up to the Bloggers Brags Pinterest Party! Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site--either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.
Until next time, happy eating.
Wowww Audrey - these snacks look wonderful and I'd like to grab and eat a few right this moment. I'm hungry 🙂
I'd probably wouldn't be able to make them - I'd eat the PB while making LOL
Thank you for co-hosting this party!!
[email protected] My Overflowing Cup
Thanks so much for sharing that fun recipe and for hosting the link-up!
Lou Lou Girls
Hello cute lady! I love stopping by your party each week, it’s amazing! I hope you get a chance to stop by our party. That would be fabulous! Lou Lou Girls
These are really cute.... and I like the simplicity of it. 🙂
Lorelai @ Life With Lorelai
Oh how cute! Thanks for sharing at the #HomeMattersParty - we hope to see you again next week. 🙂
Life With Lorelai
Natalie @ Threads & Bobbins
Wow! What independent young man you have! These are a great die for young cooks.
Thanks for linking up at the Talented Tuesday Link Party! I hope you head across again this week to link up 🙂
Joanne T Ferguson
Love peanut butter and am craving this now! Pinned and hope to see you Saturday Audrey!