Spicy Honey Roasted Peanuts are a delicious combination of crunchy peanuts, sweet honey and a zesty spice mix .
We love nuts and trail mixes at my house, but they can get expensive. It is so much cheaper to buy a big bag of plain nuts and season them up at home. And, of course, you get to add exactly what you want when you make it yourself.
These Spicy Honey Roasted Peanuts can be made with any kind of nuts or any combination you prefer. I kept it simple and went with plain peanuts this time around.
This spice mixture is inspired by a recipe from one of my uncles but adjusted for our tastes. If you use a spicy curry powder, you may wish to reduce or eliminate the cayenne pepper. Unless you are part of the "mo' hotter mo' better" crowd.
More Peanut Recipes from #OurFamilyTable
We are celebrating the goober pea today with plenty of tasty recipes using the humble peanut.
- Caramel Peanut Coffee Cake by Palatable Pastime
- Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce by Making Miracles
- Homemade Pay Day Candy Bars by Blogghetti
- Peanut Patties by Sweet Beginnings
- Peanut Salad/Peanut Chaat by Magical Ingredients
- Salted Nut Roll Bars by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Spicy Honey Peanuts by That Recipe
We share Recipes From Our Dinner Table! Join our group and share your recipes, too! While you're at it, join our Pinterest board, too!
Spiced Honey Roasted Peanuts
- 16 ounces unsalted roasted peanuts
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (more or less to taste)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or aluminum foil.
- In a small microwaveable bowl combine the honey, olive oil and spices. Heat for about 30 seconds.
- In a medium bowl combine peanuts and honey mixture, stir to coat all nuts. Spread in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Roast for 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes. Watch carefully the final 5 minutes to avoid scorching.
- Remove from oven and spread peanuts out on a fresh sheet of foil or baking mat to cool. Store in an air tight container.
Sound fabulous? Share it!
More Peanut Recipes
Until next time, happy eating!
Leave a Reply