Keep this Homemade Baking Mix on hand to easily whip up a batch of biscuits, waffles, pancakes or other baked goods.
This is a copycat Bisquik recipe. I keep it in a zip to lock bag in the freezer and pull it out as needed. If you want to make it a bit more buttery, replace the shortening with butter flavored coconut oil (amazon affiliate link to my favorite brand).
- 10 cups flour
- ⅓ cup baking powder
- 2 cups vegetable shortening
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl until thoroughly mixed. Store in air tight container. I usually keep mine in a zip to lock bag in the refrigerator or freezer
2 ¼ cup baking mix
⅔ cup milk
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. In medium bowl combine ingredients. Roll out on a floured counter to about 1" thick. Cut with biscuit cutters and bake until brown, about 7-10 minutes.
2 cups baking mix
1 cup milk
Combine ingredients and cook on a medium high griddle, turning once.
Two of my favorite recipes using the mix:
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS' LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site--either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you would like to receive an email reminding you to link up to this party, please click HERE and add your email address to the list! I will only send you an email about linking up to this party.