April 19th is National Garlic Day. Another day another national food celebration. But this is garlic! The stinking rose. Definitely celebration worthy in my book. I use plenty of garlic in my day to day cooking and could have compiled a much longer list for you of great garlic recipes. Instead a culled it down to a dozen of my favorites:
Appetizers and Sides
Chili Cheese – spicy cheese and nut log perfect for your next party
Greek Eggplant Salsa – an alternative to tomato based salsa
Garlic Cheese Toast – Claim Jumper copycat recipe
Pesto Fries – I know, you are slapping your head thinking, why didn’t I think of that?! Here’s our basic pesto recipe that you can put on so many things (but, try the fries just once – yum!)
Pickled Cherry Tomatoes – easy recipe for pickling tomatoes with garlic and rosemary
Sopa de Pollo Borracho – Soup with loads of garlic and other goodness
Pasta alla Vodka with fresh tomatoes – Use fresh tomatoes instead of the usual canned to make this classic dish (with or without the vodka)
Tola’s Basic Asian Marinade – great Asian marinade for chicken, pork, beef or fish.
Gid and Clark’s Righteous Rib Rub – if you want a dry rub instead of a marinade this is great on (or in) so many things
Tuscan Garlic and Rosemary Pork Loin – brined pork loin with loads of garlic and rosemary
Chicken Fricassee – chicken stewed in tomatoes garlic and mushrooms.
Grilled Leg of Lamb – the lamb recipe for people that don’t really like lamb (and those that do too).
No dessert recipes? I have actually tried Garlic Ice Cream… once… it is not something I will recreate, thank you very much. 🙂
[clickToTweet tweet=”12 Garlic Recipes for the garlic lover. A little of everything except dessert. #garlic #recipes #yummy” quote=”12 Garlic Recipes for the garlic lover. A little of everything except dessert. #garlic #recipes #yummy” theme=”style2″]
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
**Danielle from Creatively Homespun (Blog)**
**Ashley from Forgetful Momma (Blog)**
**Audrey from That Recipe (Blog)**
**Dina from Savvy in the Kitchen**
**Maria from Maria Magdalena Living Ideas (Blog)**
- If you would like to be a co-host for this party, please email Tammy at email@example.com. You would post this party every Tuesday at 7 am Central Time and include an original recipe, a round-up of recipes, or your favorite features from this party along with the link-up. We also may need your help pinning up to 25 recipes to our party board every week.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.
Until next time, happy eating.