This easy pistachio crusted salmon recipe is a delightful blend of zesty, sweet and nuttiness paired with flaky salmon. And the best part is it can be ready in under 30 minutes.
Crunchy pistachio nuts, spicy Dijon mustard, a little honey for sweetness and flaky salmon. What more could you ask for? How about a dash of cardamom for a little something extra.
Cardamom is not used enough in my kitchen, which is a shame because I adore it. Usually I put it into baked goods that call for the usual warm spices like cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. It is used often in Indian and other southeastern Asian cuisine in everything from baked goods to drinks.
You can omit it if you don’t have it. But in case you do have a jar lurking in the back of your spice cabinet here’s a great dish to use it.
What kind of salmon should I use?
The choice of salmon varieties (king, chinook, coho, etc.) is up to you. Choose whatever is fresh (preferably) and within your budget.
If you can, you should always opt for wild Pacific (Alaskan) salmon versus Atlantic. All Pacific salmon is wild while Atlantic salmon is almost all farmed. Both are healthy for you. But Pacific salmon are not endangered, and the Atlantic farming practices are not that great for the environment. Get more info at Eating Well.
More Nutty Recipes from #OurFamilyTable
We’ve gone nutty this week with some delicious nut recipes we hope you will try:
Get More Nutty Recipes:
- Almond Ricotta Fudge from Magical Ingredients
- Apple Cider Donuts with Pecan Sugar Topping from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Banana Bread Pecan Scones from Blogghetti
- Chicken with Walnuts from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Chocolate Chip Pecan Pie from Fresh April Flours
- Maple Vanilla Granola from Art of Natural Living
- Pistachio Crusted Salmon from That Recipe
- Potica Nut Roll from The Spiffy Cookie
- Rocky Road Brownies from Hostess at Heart
- Spiced Chestnut Butter (Conserve de Châtaigne) from Palatable Pastime
Pistachio Crusted Honey Mustard Salmon
- 4 6 ounce salmon fillets
- salt and black pepper (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1½ tablespoon honey
- 1 garlic clove (finely minced)
- ½ cup pistachio nuts (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- Place salmon fillets on the prepared baking sheet and generously season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil and lemon juice. Add the mustard, honey, and garlic and whisk to combine. Brush each fillet with the honey-mustard mixture until coated.
- In a small bowl, combine chopped pistachios and cardamom. Evenly divide the mixture between the salmon fillets and press gently into the fish.
- Roast at 375°F until the salmon is flake, about 13-15 minutes. Serve immediately.
Sound fabulous? Share it!
More Salmon Recipes
Until next time, happy eating!