Make these flavorful Sausage Tot Brunch Bites for breakfast, brunch, brinner or even as an appetizer. They can be made ahead for a party, or whip up a smaller batch with leftover tater tots and sausage.
I cooked up extra tater tots one night just so I could make this recipe for breakfast the next day. Just cut the recipe in half, thirds or quarters depending on how many tots you have and use a smaller skillet.
Don't you just love planned leftover recipes?
About the Ingredients for Sausage Tot Brunch Bites
For the tater tots: I prefer the flat tater tot circles to the full cylinder tots for these. Depending on the brand they can be called tater rounds, crowns or circles.
For the sausage: Use whatever flavor you like, since the bulk of the flavor for these is coming from the sausage.
You can use a loose sausage like breakfast or Italian sausage like I did. Or opt for a harder precooked sausage like kielbasa, chorizo, linguica, etc. Crumble the loose sausage and dice the precooked varieties.
More Tasty Tot Recipes from #OurFamilyTable
Tasty Tot Recipes
- Cheesy Tater Tot Casserole from The Spiffy Cookie
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Tater Tot Casserole from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Sausage and Tot Brunch Bites from That Recipe
- Tater Tot Enchilada Bake from Making Miracles
- Tator Tot Totchos from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Vegan Baked Masala Veggie Tots from Magical Ingredients
Sausage Tot Brunch Bites
- 1 pound tater crowns or rounds (or tater tots)
- 10-12 ounces sausage of choice (Italian, breakfast, kielbasa, chorizo, etc.)
- 12 large eggs
- ½ cup millk
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1½ cups monterey jack cheese
- 4 green onions (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Bake the tater crowns as directed on the package. Reduce heat to 375°.
- While the potatoes are cooking, dice or crumble the sausage and place in a large ovenproof skillet. Cook over medium high heat until browned about 5 minutes. Drain excess oil if needed.
- Add scallions and cook another minute or two. Remove from heat until tater crowns are ready.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs and season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir in tater crowns and cheese.
- Pour the egg mixture over the sausage. Move skillet to the oven and bake until the eggs are set in the middle, about 30 minutes.
- Let sit in the pan for about 5 minutes, then remove from pan to a cutting board. Slice into bite sized pieces and serve warm with toothpicks.
- To make ahead: prepare as directed, cooking until the eggs are just set up in the middle. Remove from pan and let cool. Store in a zip to lock bag in the refrigerator. Before serving preheat oven to 375°. Cut into bite sized pieces and place on a baking sheet. Bake in oven until hot throughout.
Sound fabulous? Share it!
More Brunch Recipes
Until next time, happy eating!