This fast, healthy, and delicious seared tuna dish comes together in one pan and is ready in less than 30 minutes. Perfect for lent, meatless Mondays or other busy weeknights.
The tangy lemon and salty capers are a nice compliment to the fish. You can serve this with a salad and brown rice, couscous, quinoa or other healthy if you like.
Choose sushi grade tuna steaks for this if possible. Or, if you don’t care for tuna, substitute another good quality fish such as swordfish or salmon.
Note that you will be letting the fish rest for about 10 minutes while you prepare the sauce, so be sure not to over cook it as it will continue to cook slightly while it rests.
This easy seared tuna with lemon caper sauce is a healthy one pan dish that is ready in about 30 minutes and is loaded with flavor.
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil divided use
- 4 6 ounce sushi-grade tuna steaks approximately 3/4” thick
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 medium shallot finely chopped
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 organic lemon thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons capers drained
In a large skillet, heat two tablespoons olive oil over medium high heat
Add tuna steaks to hot skillet and cook for approximately 2 minutes for rare, 3-4 minutes for medium.
Flip tuna and season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
Cook for another 2-3 minute, depending on desired level of doneness.
Transfer tuna steaks to a plate and season with additional salt and black pepper, if desired. Cover to keep warm.
Add remaining olive oil to skillet with chopped shallots.
Sauté, stirring occasionally, until shallots are soft and start to turn golden brown, about 2-3 minutes
Add chicken broth, vinegar, lemon juice, and lemon slices. Deglaze pan by scraping up any brown bits from the bottom.
Cook, stirring frequently, until the liquid is reduced by half.
Reduce heat to medium and add capers. Stir to combine for another minute.
Transfer the tuna steaks onto individual serving plate with a lemon slice and a spoonful of the lemon caper sauce.
Other easy fish recipes you may enjoy:
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you would like to receive an email reminding you to link up to this party, please click HERE and add your email address to the list! I will only send you an email about linking up to this party.