Are you looking for an easy treat to celebrate Christmas or Valentine's Day?
Candy Cane Trees and Hearts are so easy to make with only three ingredients. They are great for kid's parties, package toppers, thank you gifts, a lunchbox treat, and, well, just about anything else you can think of.
I saw the candy cane hearts on Pinterest years ago and always try to grab extra mini candy canes when they go on sale after the holidays so I can make them for my son and his teachers, grandmothers, etc. for Valentine's Day.
It took me until this year to figure out to turn it around and use green candy melts to make a Christmas tree.
Ingredients for Candy Cane Trees and Hearts
All you need are three simple ingredients:
- mini candy canes
- candy melts (or white chocolate and a little coconut oil)
- sprinkles (optional)
If you are going to make the trees, you are going to need green candy melts or a few drops of green gel food coloring. I prefer gel like this because it creates more vibrant colors.
Panettone Bread Pudding Recipe
Did you come here looking for a Panettone Bread Pudding recipe? This post has been updated to separate the candy cane hearts instructions and panettone bread pudding for SEO juice (a bloggy thing that makes posts easier to find). Sorry to make you click twice!
Click here the Bread Pudding Recipe
- 2 mini candy canes
- white chocolate or candy melts (melted (green for trees))
- green food coloring (optional for trees if you use white chocolate/melts)
- coconut oil for melting if needed
- lollipop stick (optional)
- Place the candy canes together to form a heart on a sheet of waxed paper, foil or parchment paper. Add a lollipop stick between the bottom ends if desired.
- Melt the candy melts in the microwave per package directions. If using white chocolate, microwave for 30 seconds, stir and continue microwaving at 10 second intervals, stirring in between until melted. Add a small amount of coconut oil if the mixture is too thick.
- Add food coloring if desired.
- Pour melted chocolate in the middle of the 2 candy canes. Quickly add sprinkles before the chocolate sets.
- Let sit until hard. Speed it up by putting in the fridge for a bit.
Sound fabulous? Share it!
More Easy Candy Recipes
Until next time, happy eating!