Raspberry Rose Sugar Cookies are a fruity floral delight. These naturally pink treats make a great cookie for Mother's Day, baby showers, tea parties and more.
I first made these Raspberry Rose Sugar Cookies a few years ago for my mother, who loved shortbread and raspberries. She loved them and savored every last one.
They are simple to make, with basic baking ingredients... except for the secret ingredient. Cut them in any shape you want. If you don't have cookie cutters, use a biscuit cutter or turn a glass upside down to cut them in circles.
Secret Ingredient: Rose Water
Rose Water is a flavored water made by distilling rose petals. It is used mainly in Middle Eastern cuisine, often in desserts (like Baklava and Turkish Delights), and can be used as an alcohol free substitute for red wine in halal cooking. It is also used in cocktails as well as many medicinal and cosmetic uses.
So, what does it taste like? Roses.
Imagine that fragrant rose smell, now taste that. Which makes perfect sense considering how closely tied smell and taste are.
You should be able to find it in the liquor department of most well stocked grocery stores, or a high end liquor store. You could also:
- try a Middle Eastern market.
- order it online (affiliate link!) like I did
- use vanilla, lavender or even almond extract as a substitute.
Raspberry Rose Sugar Cookies
- 2 ¼ cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- ¾ cups salted butter
- 1 large egg
- 1-2 teaspoons rose water
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- ¼ cup fresh raspberries (should equal about 2 tablespoons pureed raspberries)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour and salt until fluffy.
- In a large bowl cream together butter and sugar, approximately 2-3 minutes. Add egg and rose water, beat until smooth.
- Gradually add flour mixture and mix on low until combined. Divide into two discs, wrap in plastic and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Roll out dough to approximately ¼ inch thickness. Cut into desired shapes.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes. Remove from cookie sheets and let cool on wire racks.
- Puree raspberries in food processor. Add powdered sugar to form glaze.
- Ice cookies, let glaze harden.
More Rose Flavored Recipes
Until next time, happy eating!
I would spend it at Amazon.
I think Walmart or AMazon.... if I win I will have to decide then LOL
I would spend it on Amazon to buy beef jerky, dog treats, and new pajamas! Thanks for the awesome giveaway!!!