Peanut Butter Witch Broom Cookies are an easy and adorable Halloween treat. Simple peanut butter cookies with a pretzel for the handle and decorated with melted chocolate.
How cute are these Witch Broom Cookies?! And they are so easy to make with just a few simple ingredients.
The only things you need to be careful about is not overbaking the cookies and letting them cool for a little bit before removing from the pan to the cooling racks. The first one crumbled when I moved it too soon. It still tasted good. 🙂
Ingredients for Witch Broom Cookies and Alternatives
I used my favorite three ingredient peanut butter cookie recipe for the base:
- peanut butter (use any nut or seed butter you prefer)
- sugar (or a sugar free baking substitute)
- egg (egg substitute can also be used)
Since there is no flour in the cookie dough, these can easily be gluten free with the use of gluten free pretzel sticks.
If you have peanut or egg allergies don't fret. Use the Egg Free Sugar Cookie recipe instead.
For the decorations use chocolate chips and white chocolate chips (with a few drops of food coloring) or candy melts.
Peanut Butter Witch Broom Cookies
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 24 pretzel sticks (gluten free if desired)
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- ¼ cup peanut butter chips (butterscotch or white chocolate or orange candy melts can be used)
- orange food coloring
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Mix peanut butter, sugar and egg together until smooth. Divide into 24 balls.
- Stick a pretzel rod into each ball. Place pretzel flat on cookie sheet and shape the cookie dough into a triangle. The pretzel should be at least half way to the bottom of the broom.
- Use a fork to make broom bristles.
- Bake at 375°F until done, about 5-7 minutes. Let cool on cookie sheet for 2-3 minutes before moving to cooling racks to prevent cookie falling apart.
- Melt chocolate chips in microwave (approximately 30-45 seconds). Smear a bit of chocolate where the cookie and pretzel meet.
- Melt peanut butter chips in microwave (approximately 30-45 secondadd a few drops of orange food coloring. Drizzle on the pretzel for decoration.
More Halloween Recipes
Until next time, happy eating.
How creative is this! I'm so excited to be baking with the group, lots of great recipes being shared.
Dawn ~ Spatulas On Parade
Audrey I LOVE that you made these cookies into brooms. Adorable
Kris ~ Big Rigs 'n Lil' Cookies
I love these cookies! I made them last year and they were such a hit 🙂
Cindys Recipes and Writings
Very cute! These peanut butter brooms are perfect for a Halloween party!
How cute, and so festive. I love the easy recipe too. My grandson would love these.
Witches Broom Fantastic !!! Definitely trying them for the kids Halloween party !!
They look so yummy, that's what I love about cooking creativity in the making !
It is so adorable! I love it. I think I could try to prepare this recipe, but I am not sure it will be as good as yours #ibabloggers
OMG these cookies are WITCHin'!
SO cute! Pinning!
Marlys (This and That)
I love these.. so cute and perfect for this month's theme.
Heather @ Join Us, Pull up a Chair
I was thinking about making these this month. They're look great! I might need to make them for my daughter's friends for a halloween party.
Natasha in Oz
G'day from Oz! Thanks for sharing your recipe at the Say G’day Saturday Linky Party. I’ve just shared this on Pinterest/Facebook/Twitter.
Hope you can link up with us again this Saturday!
Natasha in Oz
Lou Lou Girls
They are stinkin cute! Pinned. Lou Lou Girls
Hello, I wanted to come by and thank you for linking this w/ us at The Wednesday Roundup last week. I have chosen it as my personal feature pick! They are so cute, I couldn't resist them! Congrats. I hope you'll come back to the party this week! http://foodyschmoodyblog.com/wednesday-roundup-week-47/
Oh and I'm so glad you give reference to an egg/peanut free sugar cookie, my daughter has both egg and peanut allergies and I'm always looking for new recipes so double win for me!!!
This is so cute! Love the look of this cookie for Halloween. Thanks for sharing it on the Spooktacular Halloween Link Party. Pinned.
How cute are these! Stopping by to let you know I am featuring your cookies at this week Halloween Spooktacular Linky Party! Thank so much for linking up! Have a great week!
Thanks, I love how they came out
These are as cute as cute can be and look super easy to do. Thanks for sharing with #overthemoon
Hi Audrey! I chose this post as my featured pick for this week's Over the Moon Link party. Look for it when we go live on Sunday at 5 pm. CST!
Thanks, Cathy! I see you are no longer hosting. I will have to keep an eye out for your next ventures.
Yummy!! These look amazing. Thanks for sharing at #anythinghalloween. I tweeted and pinned it 🙂
Adorable. I just joined Fill the Cookie Jar, so excited.