Stay cool in the summer heat and eat healthy with these summer favorites.
1. Chilled Soup
Soup is great during any time of year, but in the hot summer months, the thought of having hot soup isn’t that appealing. This is the perfect time to try some new chilled soups.
Melons and berries are in season and they are a great go to snack to keep you hydrated throughout the day.
Cut up the fruit and stick it on a bamboo skewer for fun fruit kebabs (try grilling for a few minutes for an added treat) or cut up a fruit salad or salsa.
3. Grilled Vegetables
Summer is perfect for eating your veggies, especially when you fire up the grill.
There are so many ways to enjoy grilled vegetables, making this an ideal healthy summer food. You can make kebabs, have grilled corn, put some fresh vegetables in a foil packet to put on the grill, or make some vegetable fajitas on the grill for a Mexican-inspired meal.
Summer Salads are a great way to enjoy seasonal produce with minimal cooking needed. You can serve it alongside your favorite grilled main dishes, or cook once eat twice by grilling up extra one night and mixing it into the salad the next.
5. Iced Desserts and Drinks
It is hot outside, you are just coming back from the beach, and all you want is something cold. Skip the dairy, sugar laden ice cream and opt for ice pops or sorbets instead.
And don’t forget those cool drinks. Freeze some fruit and add it to water or iced tea for infused flavor without the sugar.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you would like to receive an email reminding you to link up to this party, please click HERE and add your email address to the list! I will only send you an email about linking up to this party.