Roast Beef Sandwich Spread is a simple way to turn leftover roast beef into something completely different, but equally delicious.
Just three simple ingredients and two minutes in the food processor, can it be any easier?
Sliced leftover roast beef makes wonderful sandwiches the next day, especially a nice French Dip. YUM!
But, my son wanted something "different" in his lunch. So, I threw together this easy spread and made a simple sandwich for him on sourdough bread. It is delightful on sandwiches and makes a tasty appetizer too.
Roast Beef Sandwich Spread Variations
The store bought version contains ingredients like: MSG, sugar, yeast extract, onion powder and turmeric.
The recipe below uses nothing but mayo, horseradish, salt and pepper.
You can add your favorite spice blends in place of or in addition to the horseradish to vary the final product. A few ideas:
Ways to Use Roast Beef Sandwich Spread
Besides smearing it on bread or crackers as is, there a variety of other ways to use roast beef sandwich spread.
Beef and Blue Cheese Vegetable Dip - serve with vegetables or chips
Roast Beef Salad - (like tuna or chicken salad) add a little chopped red onion and some pickle relish and more mayonnaise.
Nachos - mix in some Mexican spices like chipotle powder, garlic, cumin, coriander. Sprinkle on tortilla chips with melted cheese.
More Brown Bag Lunch Recipes from #OurFamilyTable
Whether it's school lunches or you are brown bagging it, here are some delicious ideas for lunch on the go.
Brown Bag Lunches
- Blackstone Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches from Jen Around the World
- Healthier Oatmeal Jam Bars from Art of Natural Living
- Naan Paneer Wrap from Magical Ingredients
- Pizza Roasted Chickpeas from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Roast Beef Sandwich Spread from That Recipe
- South of the Border Tuna Wraps from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Southern Style Chicken Salad from Palatable Pastime
- ½ pound cooked roast beef (cut in slices or chunks)
- ¼ - ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish (more or less to taste)
- salt and pepper to taste
- In the bowl of a food processor, pulse the roast beef until it is in small bits.
- Add ¼ cup mayonnaise and horseradish and process until smooth. Add additional mayonnaise if desired.
- Add salt and pepper, and additional horseradish, as desired.
Sound fabulous? Share it!
Roast Beef Recipes
Until next time, happy eating!